Blzbntagt00000bb8

I am so sick of when an update happens there is a chance I get this error. Normally I was playing during the day. This time I did not even open WoW for 24 hours, I wake up see an update needs to run and guess what Battle Net give me this error. I am 100% sure it is something on your side. I have been getting the same error for almost 2 years now. Only appears the first time I try to update software after maintenance. The update usually starts with “Initializing”…then Updating or Claiming space Doesnt even start. This time I can verify no crashes, no anything on my computer as it was shut off for 24 hours. No accidental logging on while maintenance window. You keep stating it is my system…I am 100% sure it is something on your side. And it always magically goes away. I have tried shutting off security software it is off right now, tried VPN, tried scan and repair (same error), tried shutting off router security, tried delete battle net, delete battle net folder, delete blizzard folder, cleared cache, cleared dns cache and a few others I am sure, I am an expert on all the things that do not work…All of these I believe are to waste time as NONE of these ever fix the problem. I believe it is something on your side. Yet Wow classic updates, hearthstone updates, diablo III updates…ONLY issue WoW…
New if I try opening Wow by only icon and not battle net I get this… The CAS system was unable to initialize: Tact instance failed: Error (1): unknown failure Tact instance failed: Error (1): unknown failure

This would be better off in tech support.

3 Likes

I have sent this to support many time…I just figured out the issue. Support could not figure out sending them all log files and the answer was in the tact.log file. The folder the config file was set to custom access and the game was denied creating the folder. I went through the config folder and set about 20 folders that were set to custom, I changed to read write…AND IT FIXED MY PROBLEM. Now I have to figure out why the machine is setting random folders in this to custom.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.