Blzbntagt00000841

Opened Battle.net app this afternoon and there was an update. For some reason it didn’t automatically update so I have to click update. An message popped up asking permission for battle.net to make changes to the computer which I clicked “Yes”. About 5 seconds later I get error message BLZBNTAGT00000841. I’ve tried all threads. Nothing has worked so far. Restarted, deleted everything WoW or battle.net from the computer. Installed battle.net app, and tried to download WoW. Its stuck in initializing (2151354/2151354). It just keeps looping to that over and over and over. All firewalls and defenders are disabled and nothing changed from last night when I was able to play just fine.

Update* Hearthstone and Overwatch, WoW Classic, WoW WOTLK all start downloading just fine. Its just the retail WoW that gets stuck.

4 Likes

Ok, I just fixed mine, so I will tell you what I did and hopefully will help you and anyone else having these issues.

Reinstalled bnet app, deleted all folders related to bnet and/or WoW. None of that worked. What did work was exiting out of ALL Razer apps and if you are using Killer WiFi, exit that in your bottom bar as well. Killer WiFi (I’m on an XPS) has issues and I’ve heard Razer can cause issues as well with their system booster or whatever they call it. So if you are using any of these things, exit out of them, restart the bnet app, and give it another whirl. I spent almost 2 weeks figuring this out and scouring the internet for ideas.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.