BLZ51900003 & WOW51900325 every time I try to log into my two accounts. Where's the hotfix?

Not trying to get into one of those silly endless argument postings on these forums, but I spent some time going thru the entire, and lengthy, agreement you referenced. Couldn’t find anything that said you were limited to how many WoW accounts could be opened under same BattleNet account. In fact, the earlier “solution” in this thread specifically says there’s no limit to this.

Could you point out the specific section of the ToC agreement that says a family with husband, wife, and two teenage kids can’t all have their own WoW accounts under the same BattleNet logon ? Admit I could have missed it in all that legalese.

1 Like

Maybe he’s thinking of the Chinese EULA and their one-child policy.

1 Like

Spouses can’t share bnet accounts. No adults are allowed to share them regardless of relationship. The only people that can share a bnet account are a parent or guardian with a minor.

Sharing with one minor per account is how it’s been interpreted in customer support for as long as I can remember. I guess don’t know if that would be considered a hard rule or maybe just a guideline, nor that this is something that they would ever take issue with in practice, but for a lot of reasons having each individual have their own bnet account is a good idea.

The only blue I could find is here, though it is not specific about whether this means one minor per warcraft account or one minor per bnet. But as I mentioned, this has always been interpreted to be one per bnet account anytime I’ve seen it answered, and everyone on the same bnet tends to cause issues at one point or another anyway.

I never said anything about how many licenses you can have under 1 battlenet account. I specifically stated only one minor child may play on a parents battlenet account. You may have up to 8 wow licenses under 1 battlenet account.

1. Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established or play a Game installed by their parent or legal guardian upon the parent/guardian’s acceptance of this Agreement. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account or the Platform (including any Game), you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account or the Platform by your Child whether or not any particular use was authorized by you.

Just to clarify this states you cannot share your information with anyone:

1. When you create or update an Account, you must:
  2. provide Blizzard with accurate and up to date information that is personal to you, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address. Additionally, in order to play certain Games or use certain features offered on the Platform, you may also be required to provide Blizzard with payment information (such as credit card information). Blizzard’s retention and/or use of your personal information is subject to Blizzard’s Privacy Policy, located here. Blizzard shall also have the right to obtain non personal data from your connection to the Platform; and
    2. select a unique username and password (collectively referred to hereunder as “Login Information”). You may not use your real name as the password for the Account, and you cannot share the Account or the Login Information with anyone, unless the terms of this Agreement allow it.
1 Like

still happening to me. hope the upcoming maintenance addresses this issue.

my circumstances:

• playing two WoW licenses that are under one bnet account, on only one laptop
  • “we cant log you in with what you entered” only happens whenever both licenses were logged on simultaneously (two WoW windows open) and then when either attempts to change realms. no issues changing realms when playing only one instance of WoW

It doesn’t look like they intend to fix it or it’s too busy and is a non-priority for them.

Is getting enjoyable though seeing multiple folks insisting that multiple WoW accounts under same BattleNet account are illegal, and then posting as proof policies that don’t say that at all.

1 Like

Me too.

This started about a month or so ago and now switching realms when logged on to two accounts is super-annoying. Previous flow:

1. Log out
  2. Switch realms
  3. Log in

Now:

1. Log out
  2. Switch realm
  3. Get error
  4. Reconnect (back to the original realm)
  5. Switch realm
  6. Log in

Having multiple WoW accounts on a Battle.net account is preferred, normal and should be support. This absolutely needs to be fixed.

1 Like

You think that’s funny? Go to MMO_Champion and tell them you are multiboxing and have written private addons. Lotta folks think addons are equivalent to botting and can be fully autonomous.

Is there any news on this error?
Will this error be fixed or this is how it was intended?
Why hasn’t blizzard explained this yet?

Multiboxing is not officially supported, so I don’t think they really care if they fix it or not and I don’t think they will bother explaining their stance of supporting multiboxing for the N-teenth time over the years. Probably 99.9% of players only ever have one client open at a time, so they are likely going to focus their development around that factor, rather than around the one in a thousand players that wants to multibox.

They don’t owe you any feedback on the changes and reserve the right to completely break or ban multiboxing at any time, with zero warning or explanation(agreed to by hitting yes to the TOS).

came back from a three week hiatus, it still happens although not every time i switch realms

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.