Bluetooth Controller Disconnect causing WoW to crash

Hello,

For over a year when a controller disconnects it causes WoW to crash completely on Mac M1.

I can open WoW, connect a controller to bluetooth, have it recognized and play normally. If I set the controller down and AFK for 15 minutes, when the controller disconnects from the computer bluetooth based on inactivity - it will crash WoW completely. If I intentionally turn the controller off causing the bluetooth to disconnect it will also crash WoW completely.

This has happened on Mac M1 2020 and 2021 laptops, it has happened in every version of WoW Classic and TBC Classic, and with every controller I have to test (PS5, PS4, 8bitdo, Switch Pro, etc).

Every time this happens I submit the report as “Bluetooth controller disconnect causing WoW to crash.”

Looking to understand if this is something on someones bug list or if it will ever be fixed.

Thanks

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem.

Still happening.

Does anyone from Blizzard read the support forums?

They do, and internally it’s believed to be fixed, just not available on live or even in beta yet.

More specifically, controller support is actually done via libsdl and this was recently fixed in the lib

Sometimes, based on the tools used, fixes don’t involve their own code but pulling updated libs/3rd party code and often in those cases they don’t pull new 3rd party code in often because it has to be rigorously tested for regressions, so even for a fix made 2 months ago, it might not end up in wow until 10.0.2 (or even later).

Could anyone from Blizzard comment on when they will update libsdl next?