Blues News: June 2, 2023

Or being able to casually summon the twins in legion

I do miss my Doomguard too tho

I am going to quote a stranger on the internet: “silhouette doesn’t matter any more: if it’s red it’s dead.”

I main a druid, but have an alt in each class. Yes, I use the Observer, because it’s cool and plays into the class fantasy of demonologists summoning a variety of demons.

I mean, the class fantasy of warlocks is dealing with demons. If it were me, I would be setting up mechanics where if a warlock kills enough demons of a type, they learn a ritual that can summon that demon. Have warlocks running around Azeroth, Outlands and Draenor just “murder hoboing” their way through “gotta catch them all.”

Having 8 “flavors” of imp is not really what I consider to be diverse appearances, though it’s cool for the customization. When I speak about warlocks having unique appearances (which I do in relation to class/race combinations), I’m talking about using different mobs: satyrs instead of succubi or felguard, for instance. And you know what? having players learn what these new creatures do, in real time, is very old school. I mean, when the first pvp encounters happened, I am pretty sure players were figuring it out as they went along.

I would not remove the Observer at all, any more than I would remove glyph of stars because of all the unique skins druids have, and even though we’ve been begging for new moonkin skins forever.

So please leave the Observer alone - and let the player decide if they want it or they want the fancy new customizations.

As far as the mage “waterberry,” on one hand, I do not agree with removing the pet, but I get that if shaman can’t have a permanent-pet elemental, why should mages, and I understand that the “waterberry” gets majorly buffed for its brief appearances during Icy Veins.

That said, Blizzard literally just introduced the concept of skinning the “orb of ouch” arcane mages have with magenta “familiars” (via NCPs) and I really, really want to be able to skin my orb to have it look like a magical construct battle pet.

Ultimately, the changes to Observer and Water Elemental just leave a bad taste in my mouth and my sympathies go out to warlocks and mages for whom these changes are extremely disappointing.

3 Likes

I used it a lot when I played warlock, so yes I do. This thing has existed for 10 years in wow, no one was ever confused what it did in PVP, but now its suddenly a problem? Utterly ridiculous. Observer>felhunter.

2 Likes

Doing God’s work. Carry on.

1 Like

who the hell is the observer?

An alternative to the warlock’s felhunter pet via a inscription glyph:

1 Like

why would the dumbs remove it?
that’s sad.

Same reason we lost hunter pets having specs. Because “pvp players cant tell what it does”.

1 Like

Which is a bunch of bologna.

If they are so confused, why don’t they roll a Warlock, get the Glyph and read the gosh darn tooltips? By removing the Observer for such a stupid reason only proves one thing; that Blizzard believes that vast majority of their playerbase are morons. I mean, that might not be wrong, but still not a great look that Blizzard thinks so lowly of the people that pay them $15 a month to play a game.

And what’s funny is most casuals don’t know the insides-and-outs of most classes and their abilities, talents, and PvP choices.

Anyone seriously into PvP will look them up, or just learn what the pets do with time.

This is basically a change for no reason, because the reason they gave is an extremely poor one.

1 Like

Stop neglecting Classic Era. We’d like an annual Scourge Invasion pls