Blue Proto-Drake - Camera Bug

Been happening to me since the patch went live. I noticed it immediately since I pretty much only use the TLPD. The camera angle is very obnoxious and irritating to look at. The running animation is definitely faster and doesn’t look right, it looks very unnatural. I thought it could be due to my deathknight and the mount passive but it’s doing it on all my characters. Hoping we get a blue post or update/fix on this asap.

2 Likes

Crossposting my video to show the camera view difference between being on the ground and taking flight. All I did was hit the space bar – so camera was never moved by me.

3 Likes

I tested the following mounts:

• Blue Proto-Drake
  • Green Proto-Drake
  • Ironbound Proto-Drake
  • Red Proto-Drake
  • Rusted Proto-Drake
  • Time-Lost Proto-Drake
  • Violet Proto-Drake

These were the only ones who did NOT have the issue:

• Ironbound Proto-Drake
  • Rusted Proto-Drake
4 Likes

I’m having similar issues on my red proto drake. The angle makes it difficult to fly. Hopefully we can fix this. The red proto drake is my favorite mount.

3 Likes

That’s very odd, I wonder why those 2 aren’t affected. Thank you for providing a bit more info on it.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. It surprised me too that there were some that weren’t affected.

The Reins of Galakras do not have the issue either. I don’t have the mounts to try, but I have heard that the BfA Gladiator mounts don’t have the problem either

2 Likes

Just tested the warrior class mount, camera works normally too, thank Azathoth

2 Likes

I have the iron bound, rusted, and time-lost proto drake but the only one of mine that does it is the TLPD. When running it’s legs are also moving twice as fast as normal - very silly looking

3 Likes

Anything from dev? Im having similar issues on my TLPD.

2 Likes

Still nothing yet to my knowledge. I hope that they are actually aware of this issue and give us an update or response. TLPD is the mount I prefer to use but with the bug happening I have been having to use some of my other mounts until it’s fixed.

2 Likes

This is happening to me as of today on my Violet Proto-Drake. Posted in another bug report as well. I hope this gets attention soon.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me yall.

2 Likes

Bumping this but this is still an ongoing issue affecting the Proto Drake mounts. Can we please have this fixed?

1 Like

Older thread: Old Proto Drakes model(Black, red, blue) bugged

This bug is still happening as of April 13th.

Still happening.

Still happening as of today can we please get this fixed blizzard i didn’t camp TLPD for so long to not want to ride it cause more the half the mount is hidden by my action bar

1 Like

September of 2023… my Green Proto Drake is still bugged. WTAF, Blizzard?

They were bugged, then un-bugged, but from my experience it seems 10.1.7 reintroduced it, along with the same issue to a lot of other mounts–dragonriding mounts included.

Edited: I’m pretty sure it’s actually 10.1.7 and not 10.0.7 as my original post states. We are on 10.1.7 right now right? Time is meaningless.

1 Like