Blue Post: PVP ilvl rating restrictions

The fact that backpedaling and keyboard turning will gate them below 2k.
And that they’re terrified of PvP.

2 Likes

The fact you didn’t even read what it is, is it exactly what is wrong with the forums sometimes. Its 2100 to be tops ilvl and 1800 is just 6 ilvls under.

1 Like

Is that the vendor gear or the weekly chest?

Weekly chest. Vendor gear is likely more in line with what M+ gets.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317979/shadowlands-season-1-mythic-item-level-loot-table-max-end-of-dungeon-reward-redu

Vendor gear is completely upgraded from conquest, weekly just saves you conquest

1 Like

i also do want to point out something that does concern me about this line in the blue post.

its awfully similar to what EA posted on reddit which became the most downvoted comment in history. it was downvoted and hated by the internet so much its actually in the Guinness book of world records.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

slower fewer upgrades does make them rewarding, but it also reminds me of going 6 mos without any upgrade during wrath, when my upgrade finally did drop, i wasn’t happy about it, i wasn’t relieved that i was done, i was angry and upset that it took so long.

if gear takes too much effort to obtain, it doesn’t make gear feel rewarding, it feels frustrating.

i should also point out, that going 6 mos without an upgrade does not mean i want a continuous gearing process all expac, no, i would rather be done for gearing for the season within a few weeks. do not make us spend all season building our toon only for it to be “done” 2 weeks before season end.

from a pvp perspective, i have zero interest in gearing or a long drawn out power growth system. the sense of accomplishment you get from pvp is from taking on new challenges, not from gearing your toon.

6 Likes

Except that line from EA was to justify crappy loot box mechanics designed to get money from their consumers.
So unless blizzard is coming out with gear on the cash shop, this doesn’t correlate at all.
Gear doesn’t need to rain from the sky, as well with vendors you not getting an rng drop has no bearing on this.

Starting to think you cry just to cry

ever notice how the price of carry is about a token?

blizz has sort of solved the pay to win issue buy reversing it: win to get paid. successful players are able to offer less skilled players a p2w option, they get paid in gold, and blizz gets paid in money, and the less skilled player is able to buy a win.

give them props, thats a pretty damn ingenious solution.

1 Like

Exactly. A reason Classic is popular is because gear is rare. This generation of wow players are so spoiled with epics, it’s crazy.

1 Like

Totally agree, PVP gear needs to be unshackled from PVE so gearing can be as fast and fun as WoD again. As long as PVP gear directly crosses over into PVE, the pacing of PVP gear acquisition will have to stay behind PVE.

2 Likes

PvP gearing was faster in bfa and Legion though… maybe you mean it has to stay a tier behind (but gearing through pvp drop wise was quicker) They pmuch solved the gearing pvp vs pve issue by lowering what rating you need to unlock the best gear.

That’s player created market zero to do with blizzard

1 Like

How did you go six months without an upgrade in Wrath?

1 Like

the vast majority of raids at the time was master loot distributed to the highest roll and mainspec>offspec.

its not that my upgrade never dropped, it did from time to time, and it always went to the pug dk who would never be seen or heard from again.

needless to say, im a fan of personal loot.

That has nothing to do with the system of master loot, it does sound like you played with a crappy group.

Not even remotely true. Both honor and conquest were insanely fast. Not to mention all the gear we got in bfa was garbage.

This didn’t solve anything. Every pve item was still better for most people that did it.

Yeah but blizzard profits from it and therefore there is definitely not incentive to address it or make it less appealing. I don’t think the upcoming changes are aimed at making carries more common though lol… If anything people will be less willing to pay because they get less loot per run.

3 Likes

gold carries have been around since the dawn of the game.
I personally made 14mil carrying people to their red weapons in mop.
This is nothing new.

Come to the logical thinking side

I’ll give you it was garbage. But it was faster to cap. Only needing 500 points helped especially with the pvp world quests and CTA quests. But I also did rated Bgs with those.

Compared to random bgs maybe? It took 10 arena wins to cap in wod. In bfa it takes me 35 or more. Not to mention I have to work through an entire garbage 445 set before I even touch the actual arena gear. In wod you started earning the top gear immediately. Then you could supplement with the 445 gear we have to do now. Which is also funny because you could farm your full 445 set there in the first couple weeks. Our bfa 445 set was gated and took many more weeks.

“Oh but random drops and end of week chest?!?” I didn’t use a single one all season. I used on 460 trinket out of the conquest because I never got a random one and a 480 azerite for my offspec.

Lol like seriously what are you smoking? Get me some cause it has to be strong.

2 Likes

Period since arena began, more if you had pushed your rating and cap up.