Blue post giving clarity on Feral changes and philosophy going forward

Posting this here because I think it’s likely most of us ignore the Community Council forum. Aggrend also mentions Ignite and Deep Wound “munching” and their intention to fix it. Good post, hopefully they live up to the expectations this is going to set.

4 Likes

Good link to share.

This is the first time that it felt like my feedback on a blue post mattered a little as I asked about PVP. Then when they did the reversing I said that looked bad and they should test more next time.

Now do I realistically think that my comments mattered at all? HELL NO. I’ve been here way too long for that. It felt good anyway.

2 Likes

I think everyone who posted to share their thoughts gets a little credit.

3 Likes

Lol, so they ended up reverting it entirely but left the bear threat in? Interesting… but also… what a :poop:-show…

I mean it’s good to hear… but also… WTF guys? Blizzard is not a new company. Wow is not a new game. Yall have been doing this for 2 decades and you’re having to relearn that you should test and communicate your changes? I mean really???

8 Likes

this post is the funniest thing i’ve ever read on a blizzard blue post and it’s even more funny they locked the post, what a s show.
If only they were an older mmo company maybe they could’ve thought to ptr test it before this but you know how it is, new gaming companies and all

5 Likes

I actually really appreciate Aggrend posting that. Being able to communicate making mistakes is something I can hugely appreciate even if the result is something i’m not happy with. I do agree Feral still does need some tuning, but doing it during the ToC patch is something I can happily go along with.

But the devs haven’t been working on wow for 20 years. It’s not fair to lambast them when they openly admit to making a mistake. This whole scenario is certainly something that is good to learn from, but I dont want the devs to decide the lesson is to not communicate with us. Far too many people have completely forgotten that the devs are human and throw all sorts of insults at them. It’s childish and a good indication of why the devs were justified in never communicating with us. We need to do better.

1 Like

seems clear to me the classic devs have no idea what they are doing

3 Likes

The bear threat increase was like 1.5% in total. Not exactly a big change.

But yes, quite the show.

Be nice if they can bring up the whole flying issue. Still on deaf ears :confused:

Good post … except how is it that the devs have only rediscovered the purpose and function of the ptr on reflection on “community feedback”?

It’s nice they acknowledge what a cluster it’s been and it gives me some hope. But it doesn’t excuse them.

They should discount our subs for doing their dev work for them.

1 Like

" 1. Put these kind of adjustments on a PTR first, period. PTRs allow us to measure twice and cut once, and we should have used this tool to help us better evaluate both changes."

Has got to be the single most hilarious blue post I’ve seen in 15 years. The test realm lets you test changes, what?! Next you’ll tell me it’s also not just meant to be a raid practice tool.

3 Likes

How many of the original developers are left at the small indie company though?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.