Blue Post Acknowledges lack of Battleground content

except the typical blizzard response would be no response, a response at all is massive and I just feel bad for devs that get crapped on whenever they stick their head out at all like jeezzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

No it’s not. They’re just playing politics.

Faith is free. They do seem to be trying to interact more which is a positive but a bit of skepticism at this point is probably a healthy response. I just don’t want to scare them, they’re like deer and if you move to quick they’re gone.

2 Likes

ngl, all I really want is another CtF or KotH reskin.
When they try new stuff, it’s kinda meh.

Seething shore 2.0 inc

“We agree with the sentiments expressed here and we’re working on it. Unfortunately nothing to share or announce today. We love battlegrounds too.”

-[Desvin]

To me this says a few things. They are working on a bg RIGHT NOW that they intend to release within this expansion period. Following themes from previous releases it will likely be Dragonflight themed.

If the above are true, I want to throw in my voice for the new epic Dragonriding battleground.

Introduce a breathweapon ability for dragonriding, allow players to fight with eachother either by casting at them with a detonatable projectile that will take off a vigor pip. If the player has no vigor and is struck their dragon will go into freefall.

Give players Dragonlances. Yes like from the book series, but make it so if you ram into another player while using a surge ability, it does some form of damage.

I imagine the level as either two flying fortresses that need to be defended, with either faction invading the other, sabotaging it from the inside (requiring defense and repair) to cause it to crash, and preventing them from powering a superweapon that would do critical damage to the opposing ship if it was able to fire.

Second scenario is airship vs mountaintop base. Attacking/defending is faction specific, similarly both sides have power weapons but the mountaintop defenders have to fly up to the air ship to stop theirs, while the airship attackers have to siege the fortress below.

I don’t know how they are going to do it with the whole Horde vs Alliance war being over, I’ve previously suggested a third “antagonist” faction that either side would join depending on queue sizes. That would mean the attacking force could be a mixture of horde and alliance, besieging a third “Evil” faction we are attempting to thwart, that would also be a mixture of horde and alliance that for the sake of the bg are fighting for the “bad guys”.

Either way, the acknowledgement is great, I hope they follow up soon with some concrete details, maybe just specify if we’re gonna get an epic bg, or something that allows for dragon riding or not.

I hope they do, having your best expansion feature left behind in pvp doesn’t feel great, especially considering how much fun dragon riding is in world pvp scenarios.

1 Like

Generally yes they are.

1 Like

It is the second time this expansion they have mentioned battleground though. So that is good I guess right?

if they add a new BG, the cynical side of me says it will be just another 10v10 because its easy to make and it can be balanced around rated.
The hopeful side of me wants to believe they will also add another epic BG.

/fingers crossed

Epic BGs are a massive waste of time and resources, but so is another BG.
We need duo queue RBGs.

i dont mind seething shore and i dont get the hate