Blue got fired for standing up to Ion

Sounds like a poop quest to me!

4 Likes

So the premise is that a reddit blizzard mod got fired for standing up to the community manager about not liking pathfinder?

Something neither of them have anything to do with?

And this makes sense to anyone?

Edit: Thought you said Lore in the OP. Hmm.

But even if it was Ion…why would a reddit mod be standing up to Ion personally…about anything? If anything he would have gotten fired for not using the chain of command and being a jerk.

3 Likes

I love that I read this in a goblin voice.

1 Like

You can’t fire a cat

Why would Ion be face to face with a CS agent?

1 Like

The only other posting by the OP

9 Likes

Sounds like wildly unsubstantiated claims to push a narrative to me.

Edit: Ah, just fake news. neat. flag and move on I suppose.

3 Likes

Rumors have it, huh?

I heard it was because he locked Ion in a room with 3 High Elfer Alliance players and Ion barely escaped with his life. Ion’s now pressing charges for reckless endangerment.

Give me a break.

5 Likes

It’s BS. We all KNOW that Ion knows we hate it and is “working on it”. We will have a fix in three or four expansions from now. Be patient…

3 Likes

I can picture the heelzvsbabyface next video if he hasn’t gotten that white board out already.
Flag and move on, this is just baseless claims to try to stir the pot.

7 Likes

I read the entire thread and in nowhere does it say anything with Ion in it. I hate Ion more than anyone in WoW but this is false.

2 Likes

Wait… i’m confused, this guy has 4 posts, but is posting links? I thought you had to have trust level 3 to post links?

Are links to reddit allowed by anyone?

Dammit. I don’t even like you… but have a like for what should be a thread-ender if there was any justice on the Internet.

3 Likes

So sad to see someone else lose their job after a year of record profits by Blizzard.

Was there any evidence he was laid off? Sometimes after 6+ years as a reddit mod someone wants to move on.

3 Likes

Rumors based on what? Because he himself says he’s leaving of his own volition to pursue a job at another company that he’s wanted for years.

" ^ Basically that. I’m leaving on great terms with Blizz, and will be moving into a role with another studio that I’ve been working towards for years. This couldn’t have been possible were it not for the opportunities that Blizzard had afforded me to this point. As much as I would love to stay, sometimes we do have to take leaps of faith in order to grow out our professional selves… or so I’m told! :smiley: It’s all good, I’ve had a great (almost) 12 years with Blizzard <3"

h ttps://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/duymkv/thank_you_rwow/f7c3mdh/

7 Likes

Record revenue. There’s a difference between revenue and profit.

weeks not months™

1 Like

I was once terminated as I didn’t wish to resign and I felt that I had left on good terms. I had spoken with my boss and they decided that the payment would be more if I was terminated instead of straight out resigning way back in my high teens that was.