Blue eyes for Thalassian elves being worked on as well?

Has anyone checked the PTR recently to see if they have fixed High Elf/Dark Ranger eyes yet?

Yeah no. Normal skin tones on void elves detracts directly from the “forcibly turned into this GMO-Elf” aesthetic while blue eyes for non-GMO Thalassian elves is fully lore-supported.

3 Likes

Human skin tones doesn’t make sense for these void elves that are playable, but why you think that are high elves at telogrus? They will probably be a customization to void elves.

1 Like

I just don’t ever remember saying I believed ‘human skin tones’ belonged to Blood Elves.
Quote me…to remind me please.

I’m hoping (my friends on the Helf side, please don’t hate me) that they are a precursor to Alliance High Elves being playable in the context of High Elves turned Void Elf.

Why would they put their lives at risk if now they have Alleria to teach them how to drain void creatures in a safe way? They will probably become void elves, but they will keep their original hair colors and skin tones.

1 Like

Why would they be considered void elves while looking exactly like blood elves?
Why even make void elves if this is the aesthetic that would come into play?

You helfers don’t seem to wish to acknowledge void elves arevoid elves for a reason, and you want to remove this reason entirely.

1 Like

Alleria is considered a void elf by wowpedia, and she still looks like a high elf.

1 Like

Alleria is the first void elf, and became a void elf differently as well. An exception to the rule does not prove the rule.

1 Like

First, who said anything about putting their lives at risk? Now that you mention it though, are you somehow assuming that being genetically modified by Void Energy is without risk? Locus Walker had been training Alleria, slow careful step by slow careful step, for a long time to get her ready…and it wasn’t without risk for her.

And not just Void Creatures, Kiss. Dark Naaru. Do you envision the Alliance rounding up and tormenting Light Naaru until they turn to the void and become drainable fonts of Void Energy?

Also, why would we assume normal hair and skin tones like Alleria? She’s a Hero Level NPC, they have always been different from us.

1 Like

I think it is incredibly telling when someone says “we want to be high elves” then says “we’ll settle for pale skins on void elves.”.

6 Likes

But none of this High Elf conversation…or Void Elf as High Elf for that matter…is why we’re in this thread. So:

5 Likes

I’d like Alleria like skin tones on Void Elves, but it’s not a High Elf compromise for me. Just a seperate issue that would please me.

Anyway, on topic I do wonder how the High Elf NPCs will look after they finally update them. Right now they glow only for the males, while females don’t glow. So I wonder if they’ll standardize them.

If I still had my BC Paladin active, I’d have a tough decision on whether to change her eye colour or not. Gold would suit her as a Paladin obviously, but I always wanted her eyes to be blue back in the day (which would be a consideration if Blood Elves get blue eyes in Shadowlands). Then again, she’s hardly been played since BC, so she’s almost a time capsule at this point. I’m kinda used to her green eyes by now.

1 Like