Blue Eyed Elves - Act of good will or a higher up saying "Just do it"?

My money is on a higher up saying “just do it”.

I just did the heritage quest for the blood elves and I don’t want to give spoilers, but they really do have an interesting story and their relationship to the high elves they use to be is also really interesting.

It doesn’t even matter. Why are you even arguing about it?

It was a compromise. I think it came from a dev as a way of saying “these people are still clamoring for High Elves. If we give Void Elves Blood Elf skins and more eye color options they can follow a High Elf aesthetic.”

In game we see High Elves undergoing the changes in Telogrus Rift anyway. Make them less blue as an option and boom. High Elves.

2 Likes

If you are trying to get a thread that will incite everything from a minor opinion to heated arguments this is a good topic. It is a done-deal and giving both sides the option should have put to bed the crusades of pro/anti HE. Hypothesizing what people or who they were at Blizzard were or were not thinking is meaningless and serves no purpose at this point.

I think its that player attitudes towards Blizzard are at an all-time low so they’ve been handing out things to try to generate goodwill.

Neither, it’s damage control.

2 Likes

(Commentary): That’s a strange way to spell, “Vulpera.”

4 Likes

Have you seen how many eye options Worgen will have?

He he agreed.

While we don’t have concrete numbers, it does seem that Vulpera have overtaken the Void Elves in number if warcraftrealms census site is any indicator.

Of course if someone wants to argue it’s not accurate, I’ll just say… well then what source is accurate that you’re coming to the conclusion that Void Elves are the most popular/populous allied race?

2 Likes

They didn’t.

I like the way you dismiss someone by asserting something without evidence.

1 Like

(Commentary): I like the way they make an assumption without evidence.

1 Like

Through latter 2019 Void Elves were far and away the most populous allied race at level 120 per RealmPop, not far behind Draenei. While it’s possible Vulpera have overtaken them at 120 in the interim, I doubt it’s probable given the sheer numbers required to do so, and I don’t see anything approaching that kind of representation on my realms.

Last time we saw anything approaching reliable numbers their statement was correct.

(Commentary): True, and then a new Allied Race of immense popularity was added to the game. In short, if someone wants to posit that Void Elves are currently the most popular Allied Race, they need to back it up with evidence, or amend their statement to, “they’re the Alliance’s most popular Allied Race.”

1 Like

Yeah, like before patch 8.3. Right now, there is no source to what to say which Allied Race is more popular. So, maybe tell the other person that too.

1 Like

But still at the end of the day we have no way to know for certain so claiming one or the other is the most popular/populous based on old data (did vulpera even exist before realmpop went down?) and anecdotal evidence is dishonest no matter which way you go is it not?

Also, did’t people question the accuracy of Realmpop’s numbers while it was up? I’m not saying Void Elves couldn’t still be the most popular allied race, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually still are. Just saying that without accurate data no one can claim with certainty which allied race is the most popular now.

1 Like

(Statement): Not as a playable race, no.

1 Like

Of course horde is about to get a new race, Ogre Dragonflight, like worgen but Ogre/Dragon instead of Human/puppie