Bloody Tokens SEASONAL cap?!?

So let me get this straight…

The seasonal cap is 1,900, I got this within a few hours of having Warmode on.
I was able to get 2 of the 7 pieces for the armor.

So that’s it? That’s the entirety of the allotted items I’m allowed to get?

What a tragically horrible game. Unreal. Whoever designed this system should move to another department and never touch Game Systems design ever again.

4 Likes

Is this your first season in WoW? Wait til you find out about the weekly Conquest cap… and Coffer Key cap… and Crest caps…

2 Likes

Did you remember to put on your padded helmet today?

1 Like

What a terrible system. No wonder no one does pvp.

This is the worst case of time gating I have ever seen in my life.

There should not be a cap at all. Let people play the game. What the hell is this garbage.

3 Likes

Every week the cap increases like all other currencies across the game in a new season. Tagging bodies at a graveyard doesnt make you a special snowflake. PVE sucks, bye.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by “tagging bodies at a graveyard.”

There simply should not be a cap. There is no reason to have a limit on this, it makes zero sense.

1 Like

There’s never been a seasonal cap for WM items. And having one for an activity where you can cap just by fighting random people in the open world and not even realizing it is kind of ridiculous

1 Like

Trophies had a seasonal cap, just like Conquest, Crests, and Bloody Tokens do now. They got rid of Trophies and made Bloody Tokens fill the role.

1 Like

Currency caps also exist in PVE. :dracthyr_love_animated:

2 Likes

Every week the cap increases but that increase is half of what the weekly WPvP quest rewards. So WPvP quest, bloody tokens form warcrates have no value. The cap is so restrictive it’s crazy. The conquest cap is the same. I actually can’t get a new conquest item till Oct. 8th.

This feels really bad. These caps makes no sense. Having to wait 2 weeks for 1 item.

3 Likes

I like having conquest/bloody caps, and I actually think it should be either A) MORE capped (meaning lower threshold per week), or B) have items be cheaper, or C) have conquest and honor gear have much less of a power differential.

The problem is that conquest gear is massively stronger than honor gear. Anecdotal, but I’m experiencing being destroyed on my all-greens resto shaman (yes yes, it could be cause I’m bad too), and I think gear is a factor. So when players that are behind in gearing or getting conquest (for example, I have yet to reach the 2500 conquest for free weapons on any of my characters) i.e. casuals try to play, they will just get destroyed and discouraged if in the first week we have players in nearly full conquest gear up against them.

What you’re suggesting (having higher conquest caps per week, or no cap at all) is only reasonably in a game where the power differential between honor/greens and conquest is like 1-3% at most. And actually this is what I would strongly prefer! But given the massive power jump provided by gear, conquest/bloody caps per week are absolutely necessary.

1 Like

Yes, which are also terrible.

1 Like

I’m guessing it raises every week because this week it says 2450 is the “seasonal cap.”

Just typical bad labeling as usual.

I do too. As a casual it allows me to play and gear multiple toons relatively easily apart from the first week of grind.

Unfortunately blizz made this xpac such that much (not all, clarifying for peeps who don’t read well) crafted gear is better-in-slot than conquest gear. They also set the cost for sockets way too high. Additionally, the prof/mats/gold grind for enchants and embellishments is the worst I’ve ever seen. For casuals. Min-max sweats don’t care and just jeer.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the new Bloody Token system either! It’s litterally Conquest Lite at this point. There is no set bonus either.
We used to be able to buy WPvP items with Bloody Tokens, but now its JUST the gear? All Honor is being drained into the new sockets, and dont got the spare honor for those items until fully geared.

2 Likes

It will increase as time goes. It helps meter the start of a season so people aren’t burning through everything at the drop of a hat. They cap a lot of stuff like this.

should be at least 875 to always have a piece of gear each week.

1 Like

Right. But you can cap Bloody Tokens in like an hour worth of game play. And you can’t buy much with the seasonal cap.