Blood Elves should have rejoined the Alliance

It would had debunked the core of Sylvanas pro-war argument, cause it was just only after she mentioned Anduin´s inaction regarding Stormheim that Saurfang believed her point had a LOT of merit.

Somebody didn´t play MoP, right? Cause sorry, but the Horde leadership both in game and in the books have aknowledged this (Vol´jins letter to Jaina at the end of War Crimes comes to mind).

22 Likes

No. Nope. No.

The Blood Elves are in the Horde. I approved when it was announced and I approve it today.

The fact of the matter is Quel’thalas didn’t really want to be the in the Alliance in the first place. They honored their blood debt and then went fully to war when the Old Horde struck at Quel’thalas itself. They joined the Alliance in gratitude and then left when the Alliance needed them more than they needed it.

The thing about Kael’thas’s imprisonment that isn’t mention much is that not only did the Kirin Tor look the other way, members of the Kirin Tor like Jailor Kassan bent the knee to Garithos and activity fought to prevent their escape. So the trusted alliance between Quel’thalas and Dalaran was severely damaged to say the least.

Then came the Burning Crusade where the Blood Elves sought reentry to the Alliance only to be spied upon by Darnassus and face sabotage by Ironforge. In contrast the Horde, specifically the Forsaken, offered the hand of friendship.

The nation was crippled, needed allies, and was turned away from everyone but the Horde. They are Horde now… Blood and Thunder, Life for Life, For the Horde!

33 Likes

At least y’all admit it.

1 Like

The Forsaken only offered aid so long as they deployed significant forces to Northrend because Sylvanas wanted her revenge on Arthas. As you said, their nation was crippled and very weak and vulnerable, and yet Sylvanas wanted them to shift many of their desperately needed soldiers a whole continent away.

And if they didn’t comply with her demands, she threatened to remove all her Deathguard from strategic points and basically leave them completely at the mercy of the Scourge.

That doesn’t sound like friendship, more like blackmail.

9 Likes

How the Blood Elves are now I would agree they would fit in better with the Alliance.

I like Blood Elves in the Horde but I’m not going to lie that they really don’t fit in at all. If we kept some of our older themes then maybe we would fit in better in the Horde.

Embracing Kael’s path and having Kael would have added more to the story.

7 Likes

Genn actions were provoked by the forsaken. Who wasted no time in attacking his city, just after the cataclysm.

5 Likes

Look, I´ve always said I understood Lor´themar´s reservations regarding his lack of soldiers post Sunwell raid… but fact is, Horde helped them too before. And the Horde needed their support in Northrend (heck, some Belves were already gonna mobilize in the name of that idiot Aethas´ crusade). Was that a jerk move from Sylvanas? Totally. But fact is, he resented HER and HER alone for it (not the Horde)… as I mentioned in my first post -that you conveniently ignored-, Lor´themar explicitly aknowledges how much the Horde had been an asset for Quel´thalas and how grateful he feels towards it:

From “Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War”, page 33:

“The Horde embraced and supported my people when no one else would,” Lor´themar repplied. “I will not forget that. And so, my loyalty, and that of my people, is to the Horde.”

Unease stirred in Garrosh as he noticed a slight emphasis on Lor´themar´s last word. “I am the Horde´s warchief, Lor´themar. And as such, I am the Horde.”

“You are its warchief,” Lor´themar said, agreeing readily. "Is that all your wish of me? (…)

See how the elf stubbornly sees the Horde as an ORGANIZATION independent from the warchief managing it? and he could have all the issues with Garrosh, at the end he never denies the Horde as in THE ORGANIZATION supported Quel´Thalas at a crucial time and in such fashion gained his loyalty to it.

21 Likes

No, I was not in country during MOP. I haven’t read war crimes. So will concede in regards to the bombing of theramore.

1 Like

I disagree to a point -current Belves seem so Alliance-lite thanks to the ridiculously heavy screentime devoted to Liadrin and her trope of light fanatics screaming over the “light this” and “the light that”-. When other characters are given screentime -like Rommath or Lor´themar on SoO´s dialogue- we get back that lovable pragmatism and “means don´t matter, only the result matters” / “don´t mess with me, but it´s not my problem how you mess with my enemies -as a matter of fact… scrw em!-” core Belf portrayal.

Kael was an unfair sacrifice, but I suppose we´ll have to do without him. We just need less long eared human pallies (A.K.A. Liadrin) wasting valuable screentime.

23 Likes

Is the only reason I think of going Belf on my paladin from time to time. But I couldn’t tolerate being the villian of the story. It’s to bad the blood knights couldn’t pick there faction, like the panda’s.

1 Like

I think the heavy amount of screen time given to the Paladins would feel better if they didn’t seem like an Alliance brand of Paladin.

25 Likes

And in this way you make ourt point for us: if a player feels similar environment surrounding him/her while playing a Belf Pally and a Human Pally, then this means both types of “characters” are basically the same damn thing. And sorry, but some of us rather get individual flavor for our races.

The moment Liadrin became a long eared human was the moment she should have been either retconned or discarded from the Belf story, period.

The less homogenization, the better.

Exactly. I don´t care if Belf pallies thinking about the light not as a “faith” but as means to an end (A.K.A. mere magical energy that suffice a purpose) seems “evil” for your random human pally player, fact is those players already have their own human pally avatars available in game. No need to give them another avatar on Horde so they can get extra fanservice with slutmogs…

9 Likes

That’s because they both follow the holy light now.

2 Likes

Were both paladin’s and follow the same holy light. We are going to be very similar. Liadrin is an awesome character and paladin of course I am going to like that character, as I am fan of the paladin story.

What?

From “Blood of the Highborne” to TBC underlined wasn´t correct AT ALL.

I repeat: if she makes you comfortable cause she seems VERY similar to your own human pally characters, then the only thing this means is that Liadrin IS a misscast. That she IS a failure in regards to Blood Elf portrayal (Belves ARE NOT humans and shouldn´t behave like them, period).

Blame most players decking their fem Belf pally characters with bathing suits… one starts to wonder on their reasoning to choose them instead of a Tauren for tanking -for example-… though I´ll give you a lot of people jumped on the Belf train in Legion thanks to mythic+ making AT Opish…

8 Likes

But the Bloodelves who wanted to did. They are void elves.

Blizzard really need to show the other side of the Blood Knights. Someone to show that they’re not all like Liadrin.

Hearthstone introduced such a character as a card in their kobold expansion. Perhaps we could see her in game?

Lynessa is unique to Hearthstone. She is a former Blood Knight who left the order, disgusted, after they stopped draining power from the naaru, as she felt that the elves had grown weak and that drawing from the Sunwell couldn’t give her the power she truly sought. Now starving for magic, she has ventured to the catacombs, a repository of ancient energy. As she explores, she drains the magic from the air, feasting for the first time since she left Silvermoon City

Someone like that, albeit part of the Blood Knight order still, would be refreshing.

3 Likes

Give more screentime to Vranesh, that´s literally all we need. He´s no “but muh glorious light!!” screaming hack like Liadrin became after Sunwell Plateau.

1 Like

You have everyone’s favorite Lady Jaina Proudmoore to thank for making sure that the blood elves will never return to the Alliance.

27 Likes

I can understand a respect your point of view. But I have to disagree with you, as I really enjoyed the blood knights and Lady Liadrin story. Her and Arator(granted he is half human) are still high elves even if they can relate more to humans and the Alliance then they do with the Orcs of the horde.

1 Like