Blood Elf racial

Hi,

When do I use this? What are good strategies on Arcane Torrent?

I literally never use it because it’s not worth a GCD. Feels useless.

2 Likes

can you elaborate ? :thinking:

4 Likes

Well that’s because it was nerfed because people complained. That’s kind of a trend with this game.

I liked it better when it interrupted spellcasting.

Basically, OP, now your racial is extremely conditional - you’ll use it when an enemy has a magical buff active (like an NPC’s damage shield, or a minor stat buff).

6 Likes

It doesn’t need to be buffed. But taking all racials off the GCD would be neat.

4 Likes

It removes buffs from NPCs or Pvp players.
Also gives mana?
Used to be more useful when it was a Silence function.

More useful for pvp i feel
Not many mobs require buffs to be removed.

3 Likes

It takes resources, no longer interrupt casts. I rarely seen it though. :confused:

1 Like

Blood elves still have a racial left?

2 Likes

PvP? Not really, I feel in this expansion we really don’t have any issues with mana. As for removing buffs, it’s random and I have dispel/mass dispel. I don’t need it.

1 Like

if only it removed iceblock/bubbles…then it would be useful…

and people would cry

4 Likes

Either use it for the dispel in AoE situations (with BfA there are some easy scenarios for this like the little minions in KR).
Or alternatively as a Pally use it when you have a free GCD and aren’t capped on holy power.

Torrent is also a resource generator so a couple of uses throughout a fight gives you a bit extra damage, and as a Pally where most damage is loaded into your spenders so that can be a nice benefit.

1 Like

You take an AoE dispel for granted, that’s why you don’t understand it’s value.
Some examples:
*Kings Rest: shadowy fear thingies, go in and kill everything in 2 gcds.
*Underrot: The skeletons that put a self absorb, you can deal over a million “damage” in one gcd by dispelling them.
*Waycrest: Big guys that place an armor buff on themselves. Again it’s indirect damage that your group doesn’t have muscle through.
*Some important cooldowns (like Bloodlust) can be removed in PvP.

5 Likes

there are tons of strong buffs in m+ you want to purge

3 Likes

It grants resources, it doesn’t cost them. Any class with free globals benefits from casting it.

Like when Horde players cried about emfh.

1 Like

Use it on a pally trying to BoP a vendetta.

I mean if you look at the statistics of EmfH though the win rate of Alliance to Horde in random bgs went from around 48-49% to 70% almost overnight due to how strong EmfH was lol.

3 Likes

Yeah.

Bad players blamed their losses on a racial instead of themselves and blizzard gave them what they wanted.

1 Like

Useless?

It’s the only AOE purge in the game besides Mass Dispel.

Also, it rewards resource when you use it. AT is great lol

If you’re healing, I’d use in on CD just to help with mana.

If you’re tanking or DPS’ing, use it to cleanse enemy magic buffs

Ya’ll need to read the damn tool tips and do a bit of critical thinking before you post stupid like this thread

5 Likes

Lol, so what you’re saying is suddenly coincidentally lining up with a change Alliance massively got better at random battlegrounds giving them the highest average win rate ever to be seen in the 15 year history of WoW?

And then suddenly got worse coincidentally at the same time it was nerfed bringing the win rate back down to around 50/50?

Aight. Lol

2 Likes

Side note about this and other magic based racials. Does it bother anyone else when it conflicts with the class? It would bother me seeing any Blood Elves other than Mages use this racial.