Blood Elf House RP

I see it mostly anywhere that has any kind of rank/authority. Tribes, mercenary/military guilds, commerce guilds, etc. I mean every single guild I’ve ever seen fall apart- no matter what kind of RP it centers around- has been in large part due to this kind of stuff.

The only real difference is that people in those other kinds of guilds act like it’s a big surprise when it happens. People just accept it’s going to happen to a House/Noble guild, but never to them.

2 Likes

Where do I sign up?

2 Likes

I think the core problem of house guilds - which is common but not universal in other types - is that the guild story is inextricably tangled with the GM’s character’s story. It is definitionally all about them, and it takes a rare magnanimous sort to ensure the RP is enjoyable for everyone else. It also takes good leadership to handle players who try to crowd in on the GM/center of the story for extra attention.

Anyway, melodrama!

1 Like

it’s been done.

You could always make a NPC to be the employer of your character; keep full agency over your story, instead of being asked to serve.

…ok, I never joined a house guild, but I heard the stories of old. Back in…Cata? MoP? I don’t remember, but there were so many cropping up then - and vanish again just as quickly, as the only member left was the GM.

If going solo ain’t your cup of tea, your character could always stumble upon a long-lost heritage.
There’s options to have fun with.

Don’t wait for others. (Don’t lord pun intended over others, though :wink:)

1 Like