Blood Elf House RP

Any blood elf houses looking for a conjurer?

I’ve noticed a lack of Blood Elf Houses these days, sadly. I’m interested in how your search goes, as I have a character I’d like to stick in a House as well!

Used to be that you couldn’t fart in Silvermoon without cropdusting three entire noble houses.

11 Likes

It got too… what’s the word I’m looking for, bad? The Houses were just a dime a dozen anymore, nothing new and creative and made people need something that the guilds were lacking. So people jumped ship, some went to Alliance with their failings. The kind that were kicked off Horde for ruining House RP, sadly.

1 Like

Nobody wants to rp discount game of thrones.

5 Likes

Maybe if someone tried to start one nowadays, it wouldn’t be so bad? We could go for quality over quantity?

1 Like

I’ve never been one for RPing a House.

The termites would be a nightmare :frowning:

A Blood Elf House would be even worse. Magic termites! Ick!

6 Likes

Wouldn’t be a bad idea. But with House RP comes the people that wish to abuse it, so even if you have an impeccable leader, there will still be those power grubby enough to try and usurp instead of just making their own guild.

But it would definitely make for good dramatic interactions IC (the good kind of IC drama, like losing loved ones to the House you swore an endless rivalry to etc.)

Ever since Kul Tiras stole the Game of Thrones schtick, Blood Elves have had to downgrade from noble houses to noble restaurants. The thriving RP of Blood Elf curry shacks competing against salad bars in a frenzied bid to get the patronage of the other Horde races has never been busier.

4 Likes

I’m… wary, of house guilds. I was in one that wasn’t bad, but the leader had a tendency to talk about themselves a fair bit… and the last one that I was in that dealt with politics, the leader turned out to be a bigot, so I dropped -that- mess like a hot potato.

Hopefully you find something that works for you, OP.

3 Likes

Just wait until around April 14th. They will likely return in force then.

The issue is house guilds are built on establishing IC power. Not literal, but political. Then you get people claiming swaths of land, and arguing over who’s the duke of what. I sat and watched a house RP once, out of curiosity. It was a sincere regret. Not jokingly “oh man I wish I could unsee that lol”

Nah, I legit wish I didn’t know that happened.

I can see the appeal in it, I sorta saw it all as soap opera RP and people like their soaps. It’s just that it always gets mucked up with folks with inflated egos and other problematic behavior that ruins what could be silly drama RP.

1 Like

If I weren’t so lazy I’d make a melodramatic house guild with an NPC leader who’s just a big bag of tropes.

3 Likes

It sorta reminds me of old VK Livejournal RP, it wasn’t really my thing but most folks usually just presented a concept “hey we’re all in space now with like our own space planets or something” and then it just turned into melodramatic space drama. Sometimes it was in a fantasy setting, sometimes in the setting from some TV show but as their “muse” and it was more or less rinse and repeat.

I couldn’t get into it but I have friends that still RP with the same people from Livejournal just now on Twitter. So there’s definitely an audience and interest in this type of RP.

That actually sounds really fun. Just everyone know exactly what we’re all here for, just dramatic RP and we’re all well aware that it’s gonna be sappy and tropey who cares it’ll probably be fun.

You’re going to find egos, powerblocs, drama, and all that phooey in any type of roleplaying you engage in. At least with your house/political/soap opera, some of it can be used as fodder for RP as opposed to being a distraction.

2 Likes

House RP is definitely more prone to it though. It can happen anywhere, but certain types of RP attract it more.

2 Likes

You are correct Zen, trying to remember which one that was that caused it to a horrific degree in WoD

Ah. right… Orc Clan rp! The RP where Mak’goras were declared over petty issues and you were confident there was one at least every other day.

My favorite early RP memories on this server is sitting in Razor Hill and watching in awe as orc clan members tried to out-metal each other. I would watch them for 10 minutes, leave for three hours, come back, and they’d still be chest pounding.

I miss it. I truly do.

Let’s make a House RP guild where we avert the power-trips by making it a comedy guild. The lord/lady of the house is a Quixotic doofus trying and failing to establish mighty fiefdoms by slaying not-particularly-threatening enemies, followed by courtiers of the spoony bard and hedge wizard variety

8 Likes