Blood Elf Evolution

11 Likes

Pretty sure Fel Corruption was stated to be able to go away with time or via other influences, ergo why we have Light Eyes in Blood Elves now.

I mean sure I don’t care really but make it make sense. lol

2 Likes

Sounds like a pretty reasonable stance to take. I question his use of the term ‘evolved’, but I assume the implications weren’t intentional.

11 Likes

Blood Elves are not High Elves. They are a different race now.

Guess that puts that argument to bed.

1 Like

Perhaps it is best to leave the blue eyes behind with the small minded primitives.

8 Likes

Evolved doesn’t mean better. Ironic that you miss this while claiming superiority.

3 Likes

Tired of people misusing the term evolution.

Did you get the transcript from someone, or is it your own? Would like to check it myself.

They are literally the same individuals who were High Elves.

Has been stated a long time ago that the green would fade over time.

4 Likes

Nobody is arguing about their individuality, but that their race mutated after exposure to fel energy.

1 Like

It’s a pretty big misstep to not close the lid on High Elves. We are past being cruel at this point.

1 Like

That’s clearly old lore otherwise they’d be able to go back to having bluy eyes, which is now stated to be impossible by the Word of God.

1 Like

Yeah the more I think about it the more dumb it is

Fel Eyes = alterable, can change to Light Eyes
Arcane Eyes are a material impossibility because *checks notes * EVOLUTION

EDIT: this is just so dumb lmao what in the same interview he shows his grasp of evolution as a phrase and concept is bad and that he doesn’t know how postwar treaties work lmao

5 Likes

As I scientist, I feel obligated to set the record straight on terminology.

No matter what you see in zombie movies, a changes in a species occur over generations due to evolution arising from mutation.

Races as whole don’t change in the same generation because of mutation. Mutation occurs in individual cells (and not in a person as a whole), is different from cell to cell (let along from person to person), and is not reversible (like Elf eye color).

You can see changes from from an exposure of members of the same species due to their genetics and its interaction to the environment. Like Orc turning green. But that is true of all members. If you took a non-exposed High Elf, they would reaction to changes in the source of their magic just the same as their cousins who became Blood Elves.

9 Likes

(Commentary): Unit Exacitor is uncertain if the term, ‘evolve,’ was used to indicate that the Blood Elves themselves have biologically changed, or if it were a term regarding their lore and story changing. The wording was not particularly specific. That having been said, for the sake of discussion, I would like to speculative on the nature of this, ‘evolution,’ from a potential biological point of view.

(Speculative): It’s plausible that the Blood Elves’ efforts to combat the effects of withdrawal did result in a metaphysical alteration to what they are on a fundamental level. It would not surprise me if, say, by draining mana from other creatures, they’ve augmented their ability to possess mana efficiently without the worry of deforming into a Wretched. The magic draining technique could’ve slowly over time increased their tolerance to higher reserves of magic, and the Sunwell essentially now makes it possible for them to no longer be at risk of becoming wretched. This even sets them aside from High Elves on a metaphysical-biological level, as we’ve seen High Elves, even after the Sunwell was restored, can still become Wretched, such as the lodge in the Eastern Plaguelands.

(Conclusion): In Unit Exacitor’s speculation, by whatever combination of circumstances, the Blood Elves’ potential, ‘evolution,’ would be one that makes them superior to High Elves in the matters of magic.

1 Like

I do not know if Cantaloupe transcribed it themselves or where they got it from, but for once I was glad to not have to transcribe an interview myself.

Source for this section of the interview itself is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/605045210 at around the 5:48:16 mark.

Lol, “evolved” how? Any high elf who spends time around fel energy will get green eyes, and will keep those eyes until time wears the fel off (per Ask Cdev) or it’s cleansed/displaced by another power source (Sunwell-given golden eyes). I assume he was grasping for a synonym for “move past”.

8 Likes

Arcane Eyes are White as shown with the Nightborne so even if the Blood Elves got pure Arcane it would only turn the Eyes Whiteish Purple.

The Blue Eyes are limited to High Elves and Void Elves and in the latter case the Void Elves got their Blue Eyes from the Void… Come to think of it didn’t the High Elves first start evolving from the Highborne when they were being effected by the C’Thraxxi Zakajz a Void Entity?..

The Blue Eyes of High Elves might be simply a Void Mutation… A Void Mutation supplanted by Fel and later the Light(Golden) and Arcane(Whitish-Purple)… High Elves would then be in a place between Blood Elves and Void Elves evolution-wise.

To be fair Nightborne eyes aren’t normal Arcane, it’s temporal-Eye of Amanthul-derived-alcoholic Arcane, whereas High Elf eyes are sucking Arcane from artifacts Arcane.

Yeah idk man.

Checks out yolo

Thanks for the timestamp.

It sounds like the Blood Elves are going to tend to golden. That would be because the light well is infused with light. Would kinda make sense if it happened to all Elves except the Void Elves.

2 Likes