Blood DK need a dmg buff

Getting harder and harder to get threat. Damage not scaling as well as the dps specs.

9 Likes

I main a prot Warrior and blood def lacks in the damage department

My shield slams crit for 22k and my deathstrike is like 8k…blood boil more like boiled wet noodles

3 Likes

Especially if a DH is in the group

The other problem is that blood dk specific traits are for the most part awful. Traits like marrowblood do less healing and 0 damage compared to generic traits. It accounts for something like 1 to 2 percent more healing yet generic inner ring traits are more powerful. Deep cuts is useless. Bones of the damned is decent on 1 slot but also provides no extra damage and again worse than a lot of generic traits. Bone spike graveyard works out to something like a bit over 1 percent damage and healing even in mythic+.

The traits need heavy work and rebalancing. I think they should put some attention there first. They could literally double the healing or damage and some of the traits will still be bad. Blood dk scaling will be very poor otherwise if we have traits that scale poorly and have minimal impact.

Quite agree with this. I am using mostly generic traits except one slot bones of the damned. Most, if not all, of the tank traits are garbage.

Play around cooldowns better! A few good ways to help with snap aggro is getting 2 bloodboils out on your first 2 GCD’s. Helps even more if while you run in use Dancing right into 2 bloodboils. Get that bonestorm up and get a DnD down and you should never have issues. I dont have any threat issues on my DK very easy to pick up aggro!. Two taunts as well. I also play a prot warrior and I find them both easy ti grab aggro without an issue!

I dont even have good azerite traits right now and I do about 10.1k dps, single target. That seems pretty good? Warrior and Pally tanks in my raid group do more like 5-8k dps. For mythic+ we have incredible utility with fairly competitive dps. I have 2 gripes about this beautiful class and that’s our sh!t mobility and sh!t spec specific azerite traits.

10k+ as blood spec on a single target boss like Grong (for tanks) would place you somewhere in the realm of 90th percentile+ for damage. May vary fight to fight depending on how often you get thrown. If you are talking about on a dungeon boss and their health is being demolished then meh.

Also a prot warrior doing 5k dps? You are either playing with people who just got 120 or they are not even pressing buttons. Either that or this is a bad troll attempt. I would not mind seeing logs of how bad this prot warrior and prot paladin are because I’m pretty sure if this is true they are not even hitting keys are on their keyboard. Would be some gray parses.

That is one of the big problems facing the spec.

Ok so the logs are bad info as it was grong and one of us was thrown more than the other. However we just ran equal patchwerk sims and here are the results:

Raabjorn (blood dk) - 10,170 dps (396 ilvl)
Vonagher (prot war) - 12,745 dps (398 ilvl)

So yeah he beats me due to my azerite traits being inferior but otherwise I dont see a massive enough difference for the nerfbat. M+ is a bit different as their AOE burst is far superior but I’m still happy with my class.

Also note Von’s weapon/shield average item level is about 400 and my weapon is 385. Does anyone ever wonder if versatile navigation is competitive against Gargoyle?

What you sim as is not necessarily what you pull on a boss fight. Looking at logs your parsing gray most of the time. Not sure where you are getting 10k dps on boss fights from. Also that warrior 6-8th percentile is a bad example. He is just that bad. Any warrior that knows how to press buttons on their keyboard will do far more dps. Not trying to be rude but its a really bad example of what warriors are capable of.

Why are you even using gargoyle? Use fallen crusader.

1 Like

Because I’m a tank.

Because a patchwerk sim should reflect Raw dps before mechanics and such are brought into the picture. Based on gear and build alone the sims are accurate, no?

This is my DK.

You don’t use gargoyle unless you think you’re gonna get one shot. Every other situation possible you should be using crusader.

The more you know. Thanks for the tip guys, idk how I overlooked that on any of the DK guides.

1 Like

Class designers are never read here bro. Rip blood damage

1 Like