Blood DK is a trainwreck!

Only reason id ever stack crit is if I was gonna seriously attempt to push rating as Blood.
Crit=vers. Deaths Certainty, rune of Sanguination has some potential in PvP.

I would try it competitively but im too casual nowadays to get a full crit+vers setup.
Best i could muster is the 220 Haste+vers PvP gear, which is the BiS PvE stats, and opens the door for me to acquire crit+vers gear…i just severely lack the motivation to do M CN and M15+ right now.

1 Like

I think giving a base armor buff to Veteran of the Third War is the simplest and easiest thing that blizz can do. I mean without any bone shield I have the same amount of armor as a dps dk which I find odd.

3 Likes

Just make us cloth wearers and be done with it , your one dk dev can deal with it next expac.

I think they should increase our strength and stamina modifiers. A % increase to strength would improve our base armor and dmg, and stamina would smooth out our yo-yo healthbar, also increasing our healing done due to it being %based.

1 Like

Classes don’t have dedicated developers anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah you can tell. They also don’t have devs that play them.

2 Likes

Honestly? I would try reducing Marrowrend to costing 1 rune.

Right now we spend a crazy amount of time trying to keep threat off the other tanks - and having to choose between HS and MR tends to result in being rune-starved.

Following that I would look at making Rune-tap either not cost a rune (it has charges) to bring it more in line with other “defense on demand” buffs like Demon Spikes or Shield block. Or make Rune Tap use like 10 RP if you must tax it.

Third - buff baseline DK health further - this would result in bigger DS.

Finally - Have Blood DK mastery also increase the threat generated by the DK healing.

1 Like

Everyone replying isn’t playing blood extensively, no we are not in a good place, no don’t get to a certain amount of versatility, it’s a shame we even have to sacrifice every stat to even be on the lower platform of the tank spectrum. We don’t have kiting abilities, we have dooty for active mitigation( yes I know cast rune tap, I dont see other tanks having to do that) yes we have amazing self healing, it doesn’t help that much when our only saving grace takes runic power to use it, every tank spec has something to reduce damage incoming without wasting precious resources. Imo blood needs a rework with their active mitigation. It’s unacceptable at this point and the team leading these changes needs to have a senior dev in charge. Even in PVP blood is weaker then a frost dk because we lack the necessities to compete with other tank specs. Sub rogue will once a blood dk and a druid tank will barely take damage come on, we have seen in the past that they can reduce pvp efficiency without affecting pve, player damage is unrelated to NPC damage. They are just being lazy at this point. 9.1 blood could be top but right now it’s like they have halfwits adjusting the scales. Its like the fury buff, let’s give it 5% and call it a day lolol fury still performs bad. They need real devs working on these issues. I’m tired of these little buffs that barely help, why should it be a meta class. Last I checked every class is played and they need to scale everything correctly, pve and pvp are different but we all know it takes just small code to tip the scales a bit. Blizzard is to cowardly to admit they made the classes they did OP in pvp but suck in pve, besides boomies. Blood can be OK in coordinated groups because it’s less effective, but you can have an undergeared pally do the same results are you kidding me.

Blood is not as bad as yall think it is… I do agree that we need:

• More damage
  • Threat buff
  • No cost Rune Tap
5 Likes

I’m not an expert as I’ve only played dk off and on since wotlk, but per someone’s recommendation in a prior thread, I went bDK in twisting corridor.

I feel that blizzard can take a lot of ideas from mechanics toward bDK to make them more viable not only in a tanking sense, but also offensive sense. Instead of the Mish mosh we have now, looking into possible bonuses like lichborn casting and death strike lowering the cooldown, or others like the chains/shared damage combo could potentially be a great cleave idea for frost or blood toward more offensive cleave. Idk. I love how all three specs play. Playing blood tonight in TC was the most fun I’ve had in a long time on any of my characters, and it was more or less me pulling packs and using lichborne as an active cooldown for self healing and aoe threat while cleaving with HS and using DS to top myself off/ lower the cd of lich.

I guess no one really played when tank vengeance was a thing. The fix to threat when swapping tanks is an issue that can be fixed by the tanks and Blizzard doesnt need to step in to fix it for people. The solution is the current tank to stop dps for a few seconds after the swap. People had to do this when vengeance was a thing, no not the DH tank spec but the stacking buff tanks used to get that increased their attack power. The current tank would have vengeance stacked and the off tank wouldnt, when they would have to swap, the off tank threat would be put at the top of the threat meter but the tank that was current would still have a huge amount of attack power. If the tank still played like they were the current tank the off tank couldnt build up vengeance and would be able to keep threat. This is the same thing that made Blood DK’s absolutely brutal in pvp especially in world pvp and Tol’Barad where you could just get a mass of mobs to attack you and go player hunting and 2 shot people with Death Strike.

Now if the other tank is always catching up to you in threat then its 1 of 2 things, everything that generates threat for the DK is much too low, or the dk just doesnt know what they are doing. Threat isnt generated just by doing damage, its also healing. Thats why if you just run in without attacking and the healer heals you they instantly get threat.

You have enter key, use it.

Also I really hope Blood turn out to be in a better state. Right now, I just don’t see a point of bringing a Blood Dk over a VDH.

Don’t get me wrong, Blood Dks are okay… relative to other tanks that’s not Prot Warriors though…

1 Like

They did all this because like me Blizz felt that a lot of people would roll DK for shadow lands . With The whole death thing , people would choose Dk . So Blizz made it one of the worst specs . Knowing a lot would re roll , therefore creating more time played which = fun

Lol no

Frost is an A tier spec in pvp only behind broken specs

Unholy is an A tier spec and meta for m+

Blood is one of the better raid tanks currently and is pretty decent in m+, not meta but not terrible

3 Likes

This is neither the issue, nor the solution.

1 Like

Get it straight:

Frost is only A tier IF you pair with the right comp AND have necrolord.

Unholy is no longer meta for M+ or raid.

Blood is one of the more “defensive” raid tanks. Its raid damage is abysmal.

There are places DKs are good at, but there are a lot more problems than non-problems.

2 Likes

So then people arent having trouble with tank swaps? Thats the issue that solution would solve, even if temporary.

I find it sad that Slappy Hands is such a great covenant ability to the point that it is almost a requirement. >,<

How about instead of armor its just a Damage resistance for all type of damage. That would be better imo if we had a flat damage reduction to all damage then just an armor buff.

Frost- so? If it has access to an s tier comp who cares? Pvp is supposed to be about synergy which dks have. They are not broken hence why they are a tier.

Unholy - still very much meta. Literally was in the last mdi runs.

Blood - okay but that’s not a big deal really. Being tanky is much much more important. Just because vdh are op and pump numbers, doesn’t mean that is what should happen. Blood is in a good spot rn

1 Like