Blizzcon was a bust for Shadowlands

I’ve been disappointed on every front with this year’s Blizzcon (Really put the ‘con’ in it this time, eh Blizz?). TBC “deep dive” was more like watching 3 people reiterate stupid stories and barely touch on the TBC release itself, boosts are going to kill the leveling pool, and now every druid bot that gets banned can just buy a new account and a free 58. 9.1 was a snorefest, “Wow more Maw content!” said nobody ever. Didn’t even show a sizable hint of what the Jailer’s Big Catch was going to actually be like and then acted like we were supposed to be excited that the Archon jobbed and there’s a ‘mega-dungeon’ and more awful Torghast content?

Shadowlands is such a bust it’s not even funny.

1 Like

I think they were expecting direct neuro interface options… so you aren’t just playing the character… YOU ARE THE CHARACTER!

People generally have bizarre expectations for things when all they have to do is look at the past 16 years of patch notes and see how content patches work.

Yeah I wasn’t surprised or disappointed by anything. The expectations around here are way too high for a content patch. People want expansion-level features added in a 9.x patch and that is almost certain to not happen.

Watch out Nippyss… they will chase you with a pitchfork.
They have hunters… with flares.

Wrong, I thought it was great. They told me all the important stuff in the first 2ish hours and I was able to completely tune it out after that. Thanks Blizzard!

It’s an online presentation, it’s what it needs to be, not what everyone “wants”.

As soon as the “deep dive” presentation said “ideation” a few times (as in, we are still figuring stuff out)… that told me 9.0.5 is a way to buy them time for 9.1… which will be probably 4-6 months away.

The Q&A was kind of worthless also and the audio was annoying… Holly’s mike should have been muted, you could hear her snickering a lot and it was very distracting.

That’s what I’m saying. There’s always the WoW Blizzcon where an expansion is announced. Super exciting! Then there’s the Blizzcon where we’re in the middle of the expansion or at some other point and it’s a patch announcement with some features. It’s par for the course of WoW announcements at Blizzcons, nothing different from past ones.

They could have knocked it out of the park if there had been new customization options previews. It was such an easy no-brainer too. Almost feels intentionally contrarian at this point.

It was their normal “keep it vague” scenario.

Even with their spin doctoring and lawyer pontificating how the players worked with “the team” designing SL, we all know better and what a lie that is. The spin, the lying, nothing changes the fact their system designs are theirs alone and their epic failure.

9.1 will be a double down of that failure, broken systems, imbalance in classes and covenants and non communication will remain.

1 Like

Ehh the shadowlands stuff was a bit expected, I was hoping the wandering ancient would release with Blizzcon rather than next patch, but I like that it changes seasons. Also yes, I was one of the ones who voted for tree.

1 Like

The tree is love, the tree is life.

1 Like

This Blizzcon was devoid of content and very telling when they couldn’t get one piece of actual footage for the new patch. This was a waste of time.

1 Like

Ehh on the non shadowlands front the d2 remaster looks good and it isn’t blizz handling it this time at least so hopefully not a reforged mess again

For an expansion so systems based, there was not enough info about these systems. People care about 2 things: what they’re gonna do, and how they’re gonna do it. Blizzconline half answered the first part and punted on the second part to the PTR.

It sounds like 9.1 isn’t planned before June.

1 Like

Yeah, like the Blizzcon after BFA came out talked about 9.1, and that had tons of details about the raid, what they were going to do to fix Azerite Gear, customization changes, Island Exp changes, etc. all with deep dives and handy pictures and video showing things off. This look at 9.1 felt really rushed and high concept, with only a few concrete details about what we will be getting. Like, we know from interviews that raid loot will get some sort of change, we know soulbinds are going to get some sort of additions, but that is about it.

The biggest slap in the face is them saying no more character customizations in Shallowlands.

Agreed. I was really excited for the Q&A only to be classic garbage and lore stuff I couldn’t care less about.

I want them to give us the combined you tube twitch facebook patch known as

youtwitchface

1 Like

What they announced was o.k. I like that they see the maw and torghast were not well received and are attacking that head on. My main thing is it feels like its soo far away.

My main concern is how little they showed visually (As in screenshots and video) of the new content.

• For Tazavesh (Broker dungeon) they showed 1 slide where a screenshot of the dungeon itself was the main focus. The other slides were of bosses and rewards, with a heavily faded image of the dungeon as a background.
  • For Sanctum of Domination (Maw raid), they just showed black and white concept art and like 1 or 2 screenshots.
  • For Korthia (Maw subzone) there were like 2 screenshots showing the terrain, and one of them was a faded background for showing off the wildlife.

There was no video of any of the new areas. That, coupled with how few screenshots they released, indicates to me that 9.1 is nowhere near being ready, and is still a long way away from release.

They even ran the patch trailer twice, once during the opening ceremony, and again during the Shadowlands: What’s Next presentation, as if they were desperate to pad out the running time.

3 Likes