Blizzcon 2019!

Who is going? What will we see? What do we need to know?

Edit: Might be a good place to set up lists and info.

Place:
Anaheim Convention Center
800 W Katella Avenue
Anaheim CA 92802

Time:
Registration opens:

Pre-Event is Thursday, October 31, 2019 (9am PST - 5pm PST)
Friday, November 1, 2019 (9:30am PST - 10pm PST )
Saturday, November 2, 2019 ( 9:30am PST - 10pm PST )

Are we organizing a server attendee meet-up/dinner?

Planning to Attend
Maxla-SoE / Gyelfei-SoE / Eahuna-SoE / Inza-Thrall
Mingonashoba-CC
Lithliana-CC

1 Like

[[Forgot to change my posting character to one of my SoE characters]]

1 Like

I believe we will see:

• New expansion hints - it’s about the right time for it (BfA was announced at BC17, Legion was announced at BC15, WoD was announced at BC13, and so on and so forth)
  • Whatever’s coming next for BfA while it’s still active
  • Big anniversary stuff (Warcraft turns 25, and WoW 15, in November; blues have already posted some hints on WoW15 goodies, including what is basically a Deathwing flying mount)
  • Hopefully a lesson learned from the fiasco that was the Diablo: Immortal announcement, lol…

(Edit to add: And no, I’m not going… again. There is only one trip to California in my family’s itinerary. It’s in October, it’s my mom and stepfather only, and they’re not going anywhere near Anaheim… bah. Might order the Virtual Ticket this year instead of hope and pray for a contest - I got it from TradeChat on Facebook last year…)

1 Like

Are we going to organize a meetup or dinner for fellow attendees from our server?

From what I gather, maybe before or after the event will work better than worrying about fitting a meet-up around the convention’s schedule.

1 Like

Mingonashoba will be there as usual. Not sure about the dinner thing yet, I’ve not quite hammered out what days I will be there before/after the convention. We’ll figure something out!

Yeah, I agree this should be a good Blizzcon for big announcements. I’m rather curious about the non-WoW games, but other than the oft-hoped for Diablo 4 i don’t have a great sense of what might be next for them.

I am curious about the panels though. Certainly the Cosplay Contest and the Voice Acting panels seem to be popular, but I’ve heard some of the technical panels can be fascinating too.

What’s the Darkmoon Faire place supposed to be for?

I’ll be there again this year! I live about 15 minutes away from the convention center now, so I’m totally available for any server meet-ups. Don’t know if we’ve got any under-21 people, but I’ve heard Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel is pretty awesome, so that’s my suggestion!
As for what I think we’re going to get this year, I think it’s time for a WoW expansion announcement for sure, as well as what’s coming for 8.3. I think this BlizzCon will be a good one, and potentially less crowded than other years, what with all the tickets being sold online for less than face value.
The Darkmoon Faire is just a fun place where some of the smaller panels take place, and they have some shops with books. Authors and game devs sign there regularly. There’s also the toy depot, where you can pay to get capsules and possibly win some prizes! And there’s the pet adoption, where you can buy plushies.

1 Like

Tiki bar!
:clap:
Tiki bar!
TIKI BAR!
TIKI BAR!

…or, you know, whatever. :rofl:

1 Like

Maps say it’s nearby–a block or so north of the convention center. If that’s a reasonable distance to travel, I say it’s a good location. Would we need a reservation?

1 Like

Nah, we can just take a taxi. Depending on how busy they are, we may have to wait a bit for some seats, or potentially may not be able to sit at the bar, but no biggie.

We can order Kungaloosh, it’s not just an in-game drink! :wink:

/bump
Anyone else coming along? Been seeing tickets going up on resale at or below cost.

Those weeks flew by, and Blizzcon is nearly here. How about that dinner/tiki bar night we were planning? Is November 3rd are option for that?

1 Like

I’m up for Sunday for sure.