Blizzard's Next Big MMO

I’m guessing that it’s going to be based on Overwatch.

From what I recall, Project Titan was going to be the next big MMO and it ended up being consolidated into what is currently Overwatch. No doubt that upset a few who worked on it and I’m betting that the argument “how long do you think WoW is going to support Blizzard?” came up during that discussion.

In any case, a significant amount of work has already been completed in that.

As WoW is in sharp decline, as far as I’m aware, a new Blizzard MMO seems imminent within the next ten years.

How do you guys feel about an Overwatch MMO?

Overwatch is a failed MMO as you said, so why would they go back to something they wasted so much time and money on already?

We’re not going to see another MMO from Blizzard for a LONG time.

MMO aren’t the big money maker anymore. It’s a risk and not a lot of people are going to have the capital to make it succeed.

Dominus some potential but that got canned. Camelot Unchained is the next big hope for the mmo world.

meh, it’s pvp based, my hope for pve mmo’s lies solely on XIV’s shoulders, so far it hasn’t let me down so here’s to hoping

MMOs make plenty of money. The problem is they no longer satiate the Triple-A companies’ desire to make ALL the money.

EVE Online, for instance, is consistently and substantially profitable. CCP is fine with just making money. They dont have to make ALL the money, so EVE is developed for the players of EVE.

MMOs need to pivot to their niches. They can still be wildly profitable, if companies temper their expectations.

If Camelot Unchained “only” gets ~300-500k subs, people will call it a failure. But to me, if it is a successor to DAOC, and it caters to that crowd… it could be endlessly profitable… for that crowd.

But if they expect it to make “Triple-A” money all the time, its done for.