Blizzard you have to comment on faction balance and why free transfers are stll open on certain servers

Alliance look stupid. It’s not surprising not many people are rolling Alliance, frankly.

Cowardly alliance only wanna play where they have the majority and can freely kill all horde, hence why they keep moving away.

1 Like

Says the Horde on a server that is one of the most imbalanced H:A ratio servers out there. Makes sense.

9 Likes

If the ratio is already bad, whether you let people xfer off or try to force them to stay and they end up just re-rolling or quitting, they’re going to stop playing there one way or another.

2 Likes

They don’t HAVE to do anything.

What does Blizz have to do with this. Alliance did this to themselves. They not only made their original server even less balanced than it was before but they also wrecked the balance of the new server as well. What have you to say for yourselves?

I did it to avoid q times. I figured since im rerolling id play for the underdogs and went from horde to the alliance too. Was a good call, our server feels really balanced with a slight edge to the horde population wise.

So when you say, “Alliance did this to themselves” i read that as Alliance have half a brain and went someplace they could actually log in and play and go to a balanced server.

Hope that clears things up for you!

Enjoy your stay on the lopsided, soon to be DOA once layering is removed, server you are on now.

1 Like

The thing is, once BG’s come out, you’ll be glad that you’re on teh minority faction.

In vanilla, I transfered from Arthas to Mal’Ganis for that very reason, fast queue times as alliance.

I hate to say it but if I was on a server like that i would free transfer too. the hordes on that server will quit if they like pvp and it’s no alliance to fight or do bgs vs and over time that server will 100% be dead

No, they don’t.

Why does Blizzard “have to comment about faction balance”? The current set of transfers is intended to solve a queue problem: a problem with over-populated servers. It was never intended as a way to “improve” faction balance.

If your server has a free transfer, then YOU can decide. Should you stay, or should you go?

The third option (stay, but set restrictions on what OTHER players can do, to make YOUR game better) is not being offered to you.

Why do you imagine that you are so important a person that Blizzard will restrict OTHER players to help YOU?

1 Like

BGs are cross realm. Your realm could be 100% Horde and you’re still going to have lightning fast queues.

1 Like

Faction segregation on pvp realms is what WoW players ultimately prefer. Based on my observation of the realms pop shifts since vanilla so it may be biased.

I think among the largest Classic pvp realms, Faerlina has a good chance of maintaining faction parity, only because of the streamer community and only as long as they remain active. If Asmongold stops playing Classic, the Horde streamers will take over the server.

How do people make these claims without providing any proof or information on faction/server balance?

So stupid.

likely because once phase 2 hits there will be a queue again. the wording used by blues implies that they are reducing server pop cap when they remove layering and that servers that are currently full will have severe queues when this happens. i assume high pop servers will also end up with decently long queues when this happens.

worst part is, they did increase server cap.

The Horde has always outnumbered the Alliance on PvP servers, ever since 2004. And Blizzard has never treated it as a problem to be fixed.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for them doing so now.

If you want open world PvP with comparable numbers on each side, you can’t have that.

If you want to be able to quest without getting killed by opposite-faction players who outnumber you…you can have it but only if you move to a Normal server.

Sounds like a you problem.

Where did I say the transfers were ever intended to improve faction balance? You put quotes around something that was nowhere in my post. The faction imbalance is obviously an unintended side effect of something they did to alleviate queues.

It’s not about improving “my game” or helping me personally. This is everyone’s game and you would have to be an actual moron to think having extremely imbalanced factions is a good thing for the game. But judging by your post it seems that might be the case.

You’re the exact type of person that gives Blizzard fanbases such a bad name. Truly blind.

Horde queues are going to be 45m-1 hour by the way. You can screenshot this post and post it again once BGs come out.

I can’t wait for “but cross-server bgs means instant queues!!” people to realize how dumb they are and how this hasn’t been a thing since cross-server bgs implementation into retail.

they do not care or they do not have the technology to turn off transfers for one faction