Blizzard will never admit that Survival rework is a failure

To me sv is like the guys from “Mountain men” TV show. Sure, they could have a far easier life, but like it this way.

Which 3 expansions?

Can you provide links to these compilations?

Fascinating, perhaps something to do with there being no RSV for the past 3 expansions :rofl:

Jokes aside, I actually don’t know what you are referring to as being untrue? That there’s 12 survival hunters? My bad, there’s actually 13 public mythic sire logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26#boss=2407&class=Hunter&spec=Survival

2 Likes

Ah, so you don’t count towards mm players because you don’t have mythic sire?

Was that supposed to be an insult? I’m the one wiping on it, I actually know :rofl:

I guess wiping on Denath is better than being a benched sad survival player.

2 Likes

/Shrug
Just saying that your logic is flawed

Actually my logic is sound. There’s barely any survival hunters playing at a competitive level.

Also very interested in your sources for this claim, since it contradicts what i have seen.

12 might be a bit generous…

*while it’s not all of them, some of the MSV people in this thread makes it hard to care if they delete it, it’s waste of resources on such a low played spec (although it does seem they are not putting any effort into it anyway) RSV on it’s worse days still had more people playing it.

1 Like

Yeah, the hunter forum is littered with “survival xyz” threads, they are trying to make the spec relevant when it’s the least desired, least played spec in the game.

Noisy minority I guess.

3 Likes

Well, for one, Mythic logs weren’t even a thing prior to SoO, end of MoP(patch 6.0.2, pre-patch for WoD), and RSV was removed at the end of the expansion following that one. So I don’t know where he/she could possibly get 3 expansions worth of mythic logs for RSV from.

3 Likes

I will outplay in 1v1 or even 1 vs you and other dps on my SV any time anywhere, any time anywhere. And he is maybe 210 ilvl.

I never had more fun in open world PvP and pvp in general until melee SV came into play.

Especially proving people like you how much they are wrong. People enjoy SV, I see more and more SV hunter in raids, M+ especially in higher keys. And after 9.1 it will be even better in that single target damage

P.S what is with these lvl 10 players trolling on forums?

2 Likes

As usual we have the same people with the same old argument. I never understood how people think raiding is the only end game in wow. Somehow if you do not raid, or M+ you do not know how to play the game. News flash, raiding is not hard. Yes you learn the boss, learn the scenario, then you pay attention. Collect loot. Oh my.

The game is designed for people to enjoy the game more than one way. It is design to enjoy a class more than one way. Do classes and specs need help ? Yes they do. But as some have said, if a spec is not the meta spec, no matter how it is design, the majority of people min/max would not play it.

1 Like

What I’ve gathered from all these responses is that people who want ranged survival back want a trap slinging, dot managing, dark ranger spec.

At this point you want a new hunter spec not ranged survival.

Suppose they made survival range and kept the same kit. Guess what unless you run nta you’re not slinging traps in your dps rotation. The best BM legendary uses traps in their rotation and people are constantly complaining about that.

Dot managing was never a thing for survival Black arrows cd was longer than the dot timer and you can still serpent sting multiple targets in current survival or marks.

What people want from RSV is already in the game. Explosive shot, various traps, SS, and mobility. Anyone wanting their dark ranger aesthetic will get it next patch.

1 Like

The problem is that same people who want RSV back are literally people who wouldn’t play it even if it’s RSV. They don’t understand lore and concept why Talonclaw was brought as SV hunter weapon.
For that reason we will never see ranged SV , unless they go back to vanilla equipping system where you can have melee and ranged.

It’s always the same people on Hunter forums asking for links to prove your point , post some third website logs to prove their point , when in fact no one gives a damn about them them.

This is the delusion that comes from only running around in the open world. I can count the amount of times i had to put in any effort into world pvp on one hand. This isnt because im some elite player, but the people that you run into in the open world are on average pretty bad.

Well, numbers of SV in raids are going down over the tiers, maybe youre miscounting? SV in high M+ is also not really getting better.

Damn, how dare people provide evidence for their claims! Lets just all spout nonsense and ignore any numbers that might prove us wrong!

6 Likes

Dude just stop and go to warlock forums please.

You point is wet noodle, and if you don’t play SV or some I your guild, doesn’t mean no one is playing.

I’ve seen my share of SV hunter In raids , arenas especially in M+, and they are amazing spec. Yes they needed some buffs which they will get in 9.1 but still it was amazing spec. I have blast with it , and even I joined a HC raid with mythic raiders they where asking how it’s possible to put out so much dps as SV hunter.

When you play only what is meta you can’t expect to know how to squeeze last point of dps from your class. Why? Because if it’s meta it means it performs amazing without to much effort, and specs like SV requires more devotion then some classes who are always top dps because of their rotation and gameplay

1 Like

Maybe it’s not a hint to you that in the guild that the toon you’re posting on out of the 26 level 60 hunters only one is spec SV?

1 Like

To this I agree. Yes I am lower Ilv I just started getting my SV Hunter going. I started on my Paladin this expac. But as I was running a heroic, I had someone whisper to me, “I thought SV was bad, but your pretty good! Are the forums wrong ??” I replied, well it depends on who you talk to. Lol.

According to the forums NOBODY should play this spec. Yes there are the numbers, and the charts and this and that, but I will say it again. Play the game the way you want to play. My end game will be pvp on this toon once my partner gets back. SV is fun, Does it needs tweaks? Of course ! Hell none of the Hunter specs are in the WE ARE GREAT realm.

As I have said before, play what ya like and enjoy.

2 Likes

Despite me not enjoying the spec and thinking how it was implemented was a mistake, this is what I always recommend to people. It’s also part of the reason why I also actively argue for bettering the spec as well. I don’t fault anyone for liking the spec or think it’s necessarily a bad idea. I do fault Blizz as I think it could have been implemented better.

You should absolutely play what you like. It’s a game and it’s meant to be played for fun.