Blizzard why are you so bent up on having borrowed power?

Thanks but I consider my power to be earned. Also, I’ve seen top end geared warriors are trust me when I say they are very solid.

Math man, it’s math. Think it through god.

Because they did that, then they noticed how they cant keep adding talents and abilities because it causes bloating.

So insteadd their solution is to add a system then change to a new system each xpac

it is their solution to an identifiable problem.

Now I would agree classes need more attention as their base

3 Likes

It’s not that people don’t like the bloat, most people don’t understand how constantly acquiring new buttons would actually affect them, and many people already don’t use many of the buttons they already have.

It’s more that Blizzard understands that for a game with an indefinite lifespan you can’t continue with the same process of adding 3 new abilities to each class each expansion without it eventually harming the overall game and certainly without harming class identity.

2 Likes

Ya, no thanks. I don’t wanna be max power just from getting max level. In case you haven’t heard, WoW is a game that is focused on max level progression. Without these systems there would be nothing to do like in WOD.

I get this, I tell people the same thing, but I feel like players aren’t fond of relearning the game every xpac. I personally don’t want to play a new game every xpac, I want to play World of Warcraft

6 Likes

You won’t be, that’s where gear comes in :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So it’s more like they don’t want to change as they go.

You mean like how they didn’t have these systems before wod and there was nothing for people to do at max levels in expacs like BC-MoP

1 Like

Eh. Ostensibly they do it to avoid character bloat like what happened in mop. Personally I don’t particularly like it but I understand why they do it. What’s incredibly stupid however, is the fact that they haven’t implemented some sort of meta continuity between the latest expacs like paragon levels or something just to, at the bare minimum, give an illusion of constant progression rather than now how your character goes poof at the end of each expac.

2 Likes

I can wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

1 Like

This has never been the case. Also, the game has always had borrowed power. Why would you expect something different?

But wouldn’t you be bored then if they kept it the same with nothing new added?

1 Like

There’s no way possible they can make gear alone as fun as soulbinds/legos/conduits/covenant abilities. Plus gear is too fast to get especially in shadowlands as there will be no titanforging no corruption no nothing. Just gear being gear. So boring.

This statement isn’t entirely truthful. I don’t recall any kind of similar “borrowed power” during Wrath, Cata or even MoP. All that mattered was gear and your ability to perform with the class.

An argument could also be made, that while “classes being complete” hasn’t exactly ever been a reality, there was a time where all classes and specs were very close to viable and usable. Always will be meta, but it’s more recent that entire specs go utterly broken for years before being addressed.

5 Likes

I guess you never had to replace gear then? Oh, wait all that gear is gone.

There has always been borrowed power and there will always be borrowed power.

I assume you are speaking of tier bonuses? While some enhanced our abilities and even changed somewhat how you played the spec, I find it hard to compare it with current systems. They aren’t that alike.

I couldn’t care less if it’s “bloated”. Just means I have a lot of choice in how I play.

2 Likes

They are alike they bring player power. Nerf the old set to bring in the new set.

The dungeons and raids are enough for me personally and some people just need a solid story :man_shrugging:

In wrath all I did was random heroics, raid, and wintergrasp. Original WG was crazy fun and I’m not even a pvper but I was in there all the time lol. Cata was the same, dungeons/raids + Tol Barad, MoP again dungeons and raids.

I get that’s not enough for everyone though.