Blizzard, when are we getting fresh classic servers starting at phase one?

Eventually, we’re going to have to get fresh phase one classic servers, because the static server where people just play post naxx content forever just isn’t enough,

Given enough time, people will long for a fresh classic experiance, and it is within your power to grant it.

I don’t expect an exact date on when it happens, i just want your assurances that you’re going to make it happen.

7 Likes

I’m playing bc and I will definitely play fresh classic. It has infinite replay value. Just hope they do a world buff less fresh with some other adjustments to make it a little spicy

3 Likes

About two years from now is my guess.

Vanilla Classic Redux.

The eternal question

1 Like

Most likely they’ll wait until BC has been out for awhile and the hype from it has died off. Otherwise they are competing with themselves as the player base for the two games is largely similar.

1 Like

Never. Im against this idea 100%

Why do you care? If you don’t want to play them no one is making you.

2 Likes

In the QnA they all but confirmed that they were going to do this AFTER the TBC launch so I would expect TBC launch +3-4 months.

2 Likes

Fresh classic servers starting at phase 6 :heavy_check_mark:

Fresh classic servers forever phase 2 :heavy_check_mark:

Fresh classic servers starting at phase 1 :x:

In a Q&A a Blizzard employee said Fresh Classic is a possibility only after TBC has launched. They will likely wait until the hype for TBC dies down a bit, so I’d guess a few months after TBC launch at the earliest.

2 Likes

Fresh Classic + with enemies dealing more damage and having more health in all content, and if you die you lose experience.

You’re thinking of Dark Age of Camelot or maybe Everquest. World of Warcraft has never had xp-loss-on-death as a mechanic … because it sux.

next year.

Sounds like that won’t happen. Blizz typically does not put too much effort into diminishing return projects, and with the split of the Classic crowd, I doubt they will care enough to make a fresh server. In two years, the same will likely happen again if they do a Wrath Classic. On a good note, you still have 50 slots to use for Classic.

Times could change tho

simply don’t play :slight_smile:

1 Like

Referencing Wod is a big oof around here man.

wasn’t really thinking of wod and don’t care much either way