Blizzard wants to get rid of bots

Yes, they’ve heard the feedback, and the feedback says that people dislike bots enough to come onto the forums and complain about them, but not enough to unsub and give Blizzard a financial reason to spend more resources to police them, and not enough to quit buying gold and giving the botting people the financial incentive to keep on botting.

Yep, chop up my Post to fit your narrative. Let me quote the rest of what I said, to show the bigger picture:

I wasn’t really disagreeing with that. I was just pointing out that there is a big difference between “caring” about what people complain about on the forums and “caring” about money. Blizzard primarily cares about the latter, because that’s why they exist, to make money. And as a result, mere complaining doesn’t really accomplish much.

Well, OFC, they care more about making money. It’s their livelihood. Without money, they can’t provide. I, definitely, said that, earlier. But, in order to make that money, they still have to care about the player feedback.

To which, I agree with what you said that the players are just complaining without actually speaking with their wallets. Your voice is more heard and listened to, when you stop giving them your money. I spoke with my wallet, when I was eventually unhappy with the Standard Game. I had quit during Level Scaling’s implementation. I only returned because of Classic.

I’m kind of playing the Standard Game, but that’s only because I like the new Character Customizations. I’m still not a fan of level scaling and really playing old world content, still. I really don’t care for the new stuff (other than the new Character Customizations). I’m, mostly, here for Classic.

And they 1000% still have GM’s doing just that…

Runescape is a MUCH smaller game, and they’ve still had issues with their mods abusing power. They also are apparently suffering the worst Bot problem ever.

but yes, the bots are worse now than they have ever been. I would argue this is close to the worst I’ve seen it in the 16 years I’ve played the game.

I don’t know what part of this you guys dont understand… Literaly EVERY SINGLE GAME IN THE WORLD is plagued by bots. Literally… every. single. game. Millions ARE probably spent on combatting them… and they adapt and adjust.

almost like the bot operator’s business model is based off them needing to adapt often to stay ahead of changes in the programs and defenses that game companies come up with to combat the bots.

yeah i get yah mate, its not hard to know this. i dont get why its hard for them to get that

2 Likes

Exactly… Like I said, for them it’s their entire livelihood. It’s literally adapt or die. And it’s just incredibly hard to compete with someone with that mentality and tenaciousness.

No they don’t. They have understaffed, underpaid customer support - there are no GM’s in game.

1 Like

There’s no way you could know that unless you work at Blizzard in a fairly high role… and also you’re incorrect

1 Like

It’s a well known fact that they are understaffed and underpaid. A quick trip on GlassDoor will give you some insight, as well as many stories of Blizzard employees bunking up 4 or 5 in 2 bedroom appartments because they don’t even make a living wage.

I mean… Thats anecdotal but also just the unfortunate reality of living in an expensive part of California. I’d imagine there are similar stories for literally every tech company in the state. (I’ve even heard Google referred to as a “White-collar sweatshop.”)

1 Like

Idk, I have worked on a Google remote team (this was before there were campuses in every major city) in a consumer-facing position, and I can tell you we were treated fairly well insofar as the tech industry goes.

Blizzard on the other hand has been known to underpay and understaff. You can deny this all you want, it’s well documented and far from anecdotal.

That’s precisely my point… Blizzard also has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Glassdoor… but you zero in on the negative ones because it aligns with the narrative you’re trying to push… IE: Blizzard is a greedy company that hates its customers almost as much as its workers etc etc etc

I guarantee you don’t have any “documentation” that isn’t purely anecdotal… but nice try.

1 Like

Idk my dude, seems like you’re trying to justify Blizzard’s greed. I know you enjoy being a mouthpiece on these forums, but their overall lack of involvement in the game is rather telling.

Also - and this is truly an anecdotal observation - tickets look like they’re answered by someone with 9th grade level English.

1 Like

That is entirely anecdotal you’re right. I’ve literally never experienced that and I’ve had many tickets answered. You still see the “lolrp” stuff in alot of their answers (so and so appears in a flash of smoke) and I’ve always had a sufficient answer to my issues. I even got my instance lockout reset awhile back which is something people swore up and down was just impossible. I did have one GM (during the instance lockout) who didn’t understand how the lockout calendar worked… but the person who responded to the appeal did and reversed their decision…

I’m trying to get yall more in touch with reality so you stop being a caricature of yourselves… which hurts your ability to get any real change enacted. I know its fun to rail against capitalism, corporate greed and other memes… but in the end Blizzard is still a publicly traded company and that’s not going to change. So accept that and look for solutions within the boundaries of reality.

I’ve been trying to do this for over two years now. It’s an exercise in futility; people don’t care about the truth.

2 Likes

If a player can see somebody and know they are a bot there is no reason a paid GM with training and extra resources granted to them couldn’t spot them and ban them.

That would be a good start.

3 Likes

That costs money. Blizzard is trying to solve the issue without spending any.

Of course we know that. Tell you what, why don’t you open up a ticket and ask them?

Bring back game masters
Blizzard used to be top notch customer service and in game support
recently it took over a week to ban a fly hacking hunter on the classic server i play on and literally hundreds of reports. He was online for almost a week straight. Like, wheres the in game support?
just lazy, money focused company now

2 Likes