Blizzard threaded the needle with Season of Mastery

You will be disappointed and not know why.

I’m shakin’ in my boots.

Get control of your life, stop trying to control people playing an online game.

how about you go away please. the majority don’t want world buffs. end of discussion

Glad to see you speaking for everyone once again. At least it’s a consistent bit.

i said: end of discussion

i
n
c
e
l =]

jokes on you, the decision is already made against your cause, simple because the real community were polled, and voted, resulting in your toxic community being shut down.

bye bye world buffs. haha

If players want to start over, what exactly stops them from doing that on all the realms that already exist? Why do you need “fresh” realms to start over? This obsession with “fresh” needed to stay in the private server scene. But now it has apparently infected Blizzard.

This literally sounds like cancer, with all the worst parts of classic wow and its community coming back for round 2.

No world buffs in raid? Goodbye half the specs and half the fun hey.

You do realise if you wanted harder content you could’ve played the “meme” specs the first time around instead of relentlessly bullying anyone who chose to play a spec that wasn’t fury warrior or mage, right? And that these changes literally lock out everyone who enjoyed vanilla/classic vanilla in a different way to the autistic minmax culture that ruined it said first time around?

Blizzard are clueless but how could you blame them when they’re fumbling around trying to satiate the pathetic bullies that created the toxic culture in the game in the first place.

1 Like

You can still speed clear and compete without world buffs since you’re competing against others. The fastest clear is still the fastest clear you goon lol

It’s a completely different version of the game and the competition goon. Did I say you can’t speed clear and compete in SOM? Or did I say world buffs were a tool to get content down faster in a competitive manner? It’s gonna be so fun when your guild has it’s first 6 hour AQ clear.

Assuming the servers released at the same time, and would be parsed separately on wowlogs… I think you’re actually totally wrong about that.

No WBs is, so far, being widely praised by the community.

lol no it wouldn’t

I think vanilla wow is a very slow paced game… world buffs help by giving you more throughput which speeds up the game… time to kill mobs drops, proc abilities like flurry stay up, deep wounds stays up, more kills before you need to regen, more incoming rage for heroic strikes means a faster button pressing… its not just about being easier, their is an enjoyment factor in there too.

So I’m guessing this is you seething in rage over world buffs going bye bye?

2 Likes

‘‘We really like the Chronoboon Displacer as a solution to the raid log dilemma, but for the Season of Mastery, world buffs in raids are contrary to the “More Challenging Content” part of our core design pillar. There is a truly great feeling when you get fully buffed and then race through raids to try and beat your best clear time, and we’ll continue to look elsewhere for a place to bring that about again.’’

Nah I feel great actually, it’s gonna be really funny seeing these casuals absolutely get juiced in SOM and realize it was never for them. And then eventually I’ll get the version that me and so many like me desire. Best case scenario.

1 Like

ok one thing blizzard has not taken into account with mastery and trying to have and make it what it was like it when it was first released is the addons that is added into the game and bought addons that tell you the most efficient route to take that gives every player an advantage…when wow was first released we DID NOT have any such addons that we have today that is now being implemented into classic and is giving the player an advantage to what we had back then.

What happens if it proves that they can clear the content just fine? What then?

1 Like

Vanilla (Beta) WoW = Lots of broken/meme specs & awful/linear gear itemization that only support certain specs/roles, which totally defeats having any multi-role talent trees or classes in the first place. Also, add in key abilities for certain classes being useless & frustrating in raids (such as same-type HoT’s of all types not stacking between different players casting the same one).

Sadly, WoW didn’t start course-correcting a LOT of initial design problems/flaws until TBC & WotLK, where the game then peaked before the curve downward starting happening again that eventually lead to retail WoW. So, until a real remastering of Vanilla occurs, it will remain a dumpster fire just like retail (each in their own respective ways, at opposite ends of the spectrum) - no matter how much bright red lipstick Blizzard puts onto it with their current “Season of Mastery” plans.