Blizzard threaded the needle with Season of Mastery

Leveling in Classic doesn’t, though, which is the game being discussed.

The very first comment, and the one with more thumbs then any other in the thread, including the announcement post itself, is disagreeing with the xp change.

It doesn’t need to exist on launch, or for your first playthrough, imo. They should figure out a way to have a faster option for alts, and maybe the last phase for catchup before the season ends.

The people who complained about the world buff meta are the same people who couldn’t be bothered to bring consumables to raid. Removing the world buff meta and increasing boss hp creates more reliance on consumables. Good luck getting into any raid without a pre-check laundry list of consumables in order to compete. I remember spending 1,000 gold each week when Naxx launched in consumables. Good luck doing that for 6 phases straight.

The people who complained about the world buff meta are the same people who couldn’t be bothered to bring consumables to raid

That is incorrect. Raiders often complained about the world buff meta. Streamers complained about the world buff meta. In fact it’s at the top of many of their changes they want to see.
You are in the super sweaty minority. I can smell it coming through the screen.

2 Likes
  1. No. Faster leveling is horrible and has unexpected side-effect as detailed in this video.

2. Removal of debuffs EVER SO SLIGHTLY changes the meta? You have no idea what you are talking about lol.

3. 2 months is horribly fast and the honor system at launch is a joke.

3 Likes

seeya. we won’t miss you.

I’m here to provide my feedback as you are trying to do.

I’m not going anywhere and I will do my best to push this game in the RIGHT direction.

Yeah it would be. I mean the so called hard-core players need there crutches.

Bring consumables to raid check.

Have gear enchanted each phase check.

Provide mats to guild to assist other raiders check.

Watch no one raid log because of world buffs check.

2 Likes

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Sure.

Mental gymnastics dog, people can like things you don’t. Nobody’s saying your a care bear casual for not wanting world buffs rofl.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Wouldn’t a care bear want world buffs to help them see content they wouldn’t see without them.

I just don’t need crutches to play a game. I mean if I wanted crutches I would have rolled a warrior in classic and then switched to hunter for bc.

SOM is not designed to be a faithful recreation. As such, it will have changes, as we have seen Blizzard state.

The game will take place over 12 months, more than 50% less than classic’s lifespan which had over 600 days.

Faster leveling needs to be in this for it to work.

Yeah it’s a big change I agree, and I love it.

Again, by design. Hence the faster leveling.

Well man I got good news for you. You don’t have to wait for this to come out if you want a classic recreation without faster leveling, and without being rushed. It’s called Wow Classic. It’s already out. Go have fun playing it.

‘‘Crutches’’

Every single guild who cleared naxx has killed bosses without world buffs due to wipes. The content is easy already. Some people like speed clearing and competing. Your incapable of understanding that apparently.

can they kill every single boss back to back without WBs consistently? i doubt all of them are capable of that.

so let’s make it absurdly easy thanks to world buff cheese? no thanks

you can do that without world buff cheese. arguably, the speed run records will be more meaningful without it.

1 Like

people can’t do things I don’t like even if it has nothing to with me or my gameplay reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No way around it. Separate servers is what world buffers want. An argument against it is child like in nature.

you have classic era servers for world buff cheese. enjoy.
you are not entitled to fresh servers.

Thank’s blizz employee

I for one welcome #somechanges. These all seem good and i’m excited to actually play through everything again.

2 Likes

You’re splintering the community. You’ll drag people to your server who don’t want world buffs because they want to run with you. Your friendship is toxic.

NO WORLD BUFFS ON ANY CLASSIC+ SERVER!