Blizzard sold

It’s official, Microsoft has purchased Blizzard. Good thing or the death of World of Warcraft? Microsoft hasn’t had the best track record lately and that’s why I wonder if the game of WOW is going to be neglected to the point of ruin. There will be quite a few Blizzard employees out looking for jobs whether they know it or not, let’s just say their life will be different. I can imagine some don’t even know of being gobbled up by Microsoft yet.
So in closing get your game on and we’ll see what happens. :frowning:

It won’t be official for quite some time now.

1 Like

Microsoft has had a great track record in gaming since 2017.

you people need to stop thinking about the Xbox one launch, they’ve been pro gaming and game pass has been a fantastic addition/success.

ever since their new head of Gaming took over they’ve had nothing but success

8 Likes

This post is like that twitter account that posts breaking news, but 6 months later.

2 Likes

Literally nothing has been announced outside of Microsoft purchasing Activision/Blizzard.

Calm down.

It has been official for a couple of days now. It sold for 68.7 billion “in cash”. Look it up on the NYSE.

Won’t actually take effect until 2023, and it has to pass antitrust review.

3 Likes

Welcome to “that’s not how it works”.

5 Likes

I’m more just concerned about being in maintenance mode until the end of 2023.

As opposed to the last how many years of being in maintenance mode?

3 Likes

I lol’d. For real.

2 Likes

I don’t know. As pathetic as it has been, this was Blizzard showing off for a potential buyer. I can only imagine what it looks like without having to show off.

Slightly less cubical crawling?

2 Likes

Microsoft’s track record is better than most these days. They have brought new hope to all the doomed franchises under Blizzard, Activision, and Bethesda.

Bobby really wants to hold on to being CEO.

He’s busy firing all the people he should have fired a long time ago, before he allowed a harassment culture to grow and contribute to a suicide.

I’m sure MS loves someone willing to kowtow so deeply by firing people for them as an offering, but I hope they see through it.

More excited to hear the news from Raven Software. Grats to the new Game Workers Alliance Union and hope this is the beginning of changes protecting the rights of the talented folks that provide us so much enjoyment.

Also hope that if employees at Blizzard want a similar advocate that happens soon!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE

now if you mis-behave you get IP-banned and Windows-banned.

1 Like

I have high hopes but low expecations.

MS won’t be any worse than Activsion.

Thank god M$ bought them, hopefully we can get Classic + now and stop with this SOM stuff/yearly reset of the same content.

We need Classic to be growing and alive, to change a few things and add more things.