Blizzard, Please TEACH the Basics: Game Life and Quality

Hello all.

TL:DR: Blizzard, please write the game to teach the player the basics of the game, class, specialization, professions, etc.

One of the things people keep asking for is a way to have the game matter.

Well, why not have the game teach people how to play at the very basic level in said game? There’s no reason to expect people to figure things out fully without at least some return on their investment of time and effort.

If I play say a Rogue, then go into Assassination specialization, why can’t the game teach me the basics, and have a tutorial I can return to if I feel rusty? Target dummies aren’t fun, it’s a dummy target.

However, if a scenario or other setup in game like the Proving Grounds were to come back and actually give me a rewarding experience and investment in both my character and learning to play all elements of the game well to a basic level, isn’t that better, overall?

So, why can’t the game instead of holding hands, hand off the reins and let me take the Classic like dive into Retail and learn how to be a great player at my own pace, by showing me the basics and then rewarding me with actual effort out based on effort in?

I just wonder if this is asking too much; sure as heck seems like it at times, but at others, it feels like it’d be great. I can learn at my pace, not play catchup each major patch and have to regrind gear I should already have, and can repeat content that will both be fun and keep my skills sharp.

TL:DR 2: TEACH the game, make it fun, rewarding, and a great way to learn how to play!