@ Blizzard: Please hire a druid player

Blizzard, we have to talk.

Dragonflight is pretty good.
I’m having an ok time.

That being said, you really suck at druids.

Guardian is all over the place and I know you think you fixed it, and I wanted to believe that was true, I really did. I even defended the changes you were making here on the forum.

But then I logged in and tried it out and, well, you have no idea what you’re doing. It’s looking pretty terrible and I’m not sure how this went live. Balance isn’t even taking any of their capstone talents now, apparently.

So, please, do some research on druids and ask someone who plays druid to fix your talent trees. Throwing random BS at it did not work in the beta, and it didn’t work now.

64 Likes

Every spec is pretty terrible now, i havent tried resto though.

They really need to fix this

10 Likes

i agree…i’ve always said that the dev for any given class should not only have mastered at least one spec of said class, but also played various high level end-game activities, so they have an idea on how the class feels…please don’t be designing this class via pen and paper…test these changes for the love of elune!

when you look at the druid tree, count how many dead talents there are and why. do you actually believe the dev made a build without Sunfire and put points into Nourish? cuz if so, i’d love to see them play like that. show us how it’s done, you know?

they’re also changing the core of druid (by removing traditional neutral abilities), but i don’t see any real direction here, do you?..we lost lots of freedom on the druid side, but barely gained any power…this affects every spec.

class fantasy may not be Ion’s strongest area… i think the druid class fantasy is a bit non-imaginative as well…which means they don’t read feedback given, because i’ve seen some great community ideas over the years that are superior to what they’ve implemented (I have numerous examples, but i don’t need to preach to the choir here).

no i don’t necessarily believe they should always copy/paste a player’s idea or consider fan feedback - but what they implement should still feel innovative and impactful…please stop adding useless trash to the trees for no reason?? use the community for some direction if you’re out of ideas.

not very happy…can we get an Archdruid that plays above KSM/AOTC/Vicious saddle rating in there plz?
:100:

20 Likes

Lol, yeah, I had to reinstall elvui over it before raid. Let me tell you about stress lmao.

1 Like

Basically… not to offend or anything… but…
The whole druid tree in general…it’s terrible, it’s basically the opposite of what we were looking for before patch 10.0.5.
Meanwhile the other specs… well, I can’t say much about them except… “Is this a joke?”
The only one that is saved (half) is the Rdruid.
Meanwhile the others… now pfff… I can’t find words to define the tree of the feral druid and boomy…
But seeing the bear one is clearly “What not to do in a spec tree”

The only thing that bothers me a bit (but understandable, each dev works in their own way but there are limits) is that they practically smashed the entire druid and made an egg scramble… now we have dead talents/decorations, meaningless talents (Improved Sunfire far away), restrictive talents and spells that no one asked for as talents… (Hibernate, Cyclone, etc.).

I don’t know what they were thinking… but it reaches a point where someone else feels sorry that they don’t take into account all the ideas, advice, etc.
Which is provided to them on their respective forums (even from the beta).

14 Likes

Literally every spec feels super odd now. Like what is even going on in the feral and guardian tree?

3 Likes

Yeah… i mean the left side isn’t too bad, but the resto tree… that synthesis and nourish are not doing me any favors, i tested it, and its healing less than my swarm tbh and that was nerfed. I straight up just went to a raid rejuv set up.

3 Likes

my problem with the left side, especially speaking as resto…is that if you played a traditional catweaving style…you can no longer use improved sunfire.

why does improved sunfire even exist? nobody really knows. :interrobang:

the other issue i have is that i think they’re adding too many redundant, unnecessary, and dead nodes to the tree on the druid side. hybrid tax doesn’t mean boring choices imo. :100:

resto side has dead talents, but it’s because of what they compete with…i think the resto tree is pretty clean. minus nourish like you said. I had a feeling it would be weak because of all you need to go with it.

guess i’m gonna be a pro at spamming the ghetto version of sunfire though :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I straight up didn’t even bother and just grabbed starsurge. The DPS can handle ads i’ll just assist on the boss lol.

Yeah my adaptive swarm healed like 509k for 9 casts (not nearly as active.) Nourish 5 casts at 168k , 68k over healing.

Even frenzied regen does more healing. I wish I could make this up lol.

Yeah, its obstructing a lot of talents, and I can’t even justify nourish.

Edit: In before someone says “stack mastery”—> Lifebloom+Rejuv+Wild growth+ cultivation+ spring blossoms. It didn’t do jack, that is even with a regrowth prior to casting nourish.

3 Likes

that might be the better play…probably way more mana efficient too…especially because i don’t think i’m gonna take circle, i’ve been liking rampant growth a lot tbh.

but idk it just feels weird to not have sunfire you know? :frowning:

2 Likes

yep it hits like 20-30k for 1,500 mana. I think sunfire costs a bit more than a rejuv or about the same.

1 Like

Balance tree rework just makes the spec feel unfinished. Top builds don’t even take capstones.

I’m tired of huffing copium.

Please give us a new dev.

15 Likes

Or that at least… the developer (and I don’t mean to offend) swallows his pride and tries to interact a bit with the players… (I don’t think it’s difficult), it doesn’t mean that he should follow our advice 100% either, demands etc
But at least say something, to know that he is with us and not just him in charge of the druid.

3 Likes

There’s no good place to start when it comes to naming the problems with druid talents. The druid devs are completely tone deaf.

7 Likes

Feral and Bear are very sad RN :C

6 Likes

Get real. They made a big deal about how it feels bad to have to spend points on unusable talents, and they put more of that in there. I logged into my level 60 who had half of both trees reset, lots of points to spend. And in order to get down to the next level in the druid tree, first she had to spend 4 points. There were no usable choices. Every choice was bad. What the heck are they doing?

Edit to add: I’ve been complaining about this in my house with my former mythic raider friend. Today I by chance logged into a level 50 who hadn’t been played since before the reset, and got to show him that all the choices I was able to make to get down to the next tier were bad on the druid tree.

6 Likes

their M+ encounter designer did an interview not too long ago…i recently saw him respond to a twitter thread…part of the opening to his reply caught my eye (without going into too much context, since that conversation was not druid related/nor do i know if he also works on druids):

…i don’t want to turn this into an interview space…

yeah i think that’s the philosophy their team is applying to everything community related - so that they can avoid interacting with the audience. it must royally piss them off to have to add dev notes to something

back to BfA ghosting days we go! just cross your fingers, cuz they might accidentally make us good at something again :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

After observing the GD Forums, I can’t imagine why. Internal problems, external problems, and consumers are pissed. If they could get out of bed and get dressed properly after that level of stress, I would be impressed. But we’ve seen what years of employment at Blizzard does to their hairlines and hair color so…

1 Like

I definitely miss the old balance druid tree at this point lol. Starfire no longer crits as often and instead does aoe, and then they double down on forcing crit builder talents and free builder talents. Then said ok, dragons, BoAT, astral communion, and FoE. You can only have two. :/. I had them all before.

I get pve was the focus of the redesign but in pvp it feels so bad to lose so much from this change.

1 Like

Resto lost some healing on adaptive swarm and we loose starsurge in raid and keys now so less dps for us… I feel gimped now.

1 Like