Blizzard, please have some sort of gold sink/reset going into TBC Classic!

One of the biggest concerns i have going into TBC is the market being flooded day 1, and the fact that so many players will have epic flying right out the gate. This is coming from someone who has made over 100k gold in classic via Enchanting tips and TSM alchemy for the most part. Currently my ideas are:

• A gold limit per Realm (1-2k gold?) and/or
  • Have restrictions on what BoE’s players can bring into TBC
3 Likes

I would be totally cool with a complete reset. You go over with no gold…sounds like the most fun. Everyone is going to be decked out in T2.5/T3/Naxx gear anyways…game is already going to be a face roll. Just take the damn gold.

7 Likes

I don’t like resetting. I earned this gold, why should I lose it? This isn’t a new game, it’s an expansion. An addon.

7 Likes

I guess if it isn’t reset we’ll see some extraordinary pricing on items… primal mights 1-2k gold each? blue gems 200-300g ea?

1 Like

That’s fine…nothing wrong with wanting to keep it. I have around 5k gold (not rich but I’m not broke lol)…I would gladly part with all of it.

Making gold in TBC is even easier than in Classic anyways.

2 Likes

Damn dude that’s a lot of gold. Makes me feel even better that the folks in the hundreds-of-thousands-of-gold-range are even on board for some sort of gold cap or reset.

1 Like

I like making gold, in any game I played i enjoyed playing the markets, it’s one of the joys i have playing classic. I know what will make gold in TBC so I’m not bothered by a reset I just want an even playing field for all players whether first time loading Classic or people playing stress test and starting August 26, 2019.

4 Likes

Mad respect for ya homie. Good take on all of it

2 Likes

=3

I need you to give me +4 stats to chest soon. And +15 agility to gloves. You did my +4 in February and I’ve still yet to replace that chest.

Also…could I borrow epic flying money? I’m a prot warrior. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A total reset is needed for the economy to not be a disaster for people who don’t buy gold.

3 Likes

A total reset will only force the bots into Botanica a day longer.

2 Likes

A full reset will buy time but in a month or two it will be a disaster. No amount of pretending that it will save us will make it so

Sure, but they could just give me ban powers and I’ll happily fix the economy within a week. Just ignore the loss of probably 75% of the playerbass.

1 Like

Clap em dot. Make the bots bleed

2 Likes

well, transfers have a limit too, something similar can be applied like 4k or w/e

100% against.

You don’t have to buy gold to be rolling in it. You just have to… Get ready for it… Play the game.

No, they should not reset anything for TBC. People should be able to copy/transfer from vanilla servers to TBC servers with some restrictions set in place to prevent gold duplication. Basically it should be treated just as original TBC was only with the option to stay in vanilla land if you wish.

No, let the players keep the gold they earned. Not blizzards fault that the players are going hard like they are now vs then. DO NOT restrict players, the dungeon/raid restriction is BS as it is.

Like five times easier. Everything will cost a lot more because gold will be way easier to make. Quests reward a lot more gold, mobs drop a lot more, and items vendor for a lot more.

So I don’t think carryover gold is going to make much difference in the long run. It will be worth like 1/5 what it is now due to inflation. People are going to blow through that gold in the first couple of months and before long, most of the gold in the economy will be from Outland, not Azeroth.

2 Likes

TBC isn’t even confirmed but if it were I’d bet all the gold across all of my characters right now that gold buyers in classic will still be gold buyers in TBC, and the market will be completely distorted as such.

Whether that distortion and rampant inflation occurs day 1 or day 100 it’s inevitable with how condoned this type of behavior now is due to the fact that you can now officially buy gold in retail.