Blizzard, please create new servers to allieveate the total overpopulation of servers Day 1

Its a lot easier going from 7M to 10M, as opposed to ZERO to 7M.

They were mostly successful because of how good Vanilla was.

2 Likes

Then I guess there’s no harm in opening those servers if only a fraction will leave. You’d still get at least some easing of your overcrowdedness…
/evilgrin

Yeah, this is what I am talking about. We don’t even have any good data on who is actually playing.

yup because THAT would be profitable for a company who took over a year to dev classic

1 Like

Doubt it.

TBC Private servers always die out very quickly.

The same pattern would most likely hold for ‘TBC Classic’ and beyond.

I personally would rather see Classic + or nothing at all at that point.

1 Like

Get more people to make characters on Stalagg and get it to “full”, and maybe they will.

1 Like

I bet most people made a character on their server of pick on the 13’th and then haven’t seen or been to the forums since to even know stalagg exists or be aware of the Herod situation in the first place.

This also doesn’t account for the majority of the soon to be player base who didn’t reserve names.

1 Like

Even if they make more new servers, stubborn people still won’t leave Herod

1 Like

Whelp, there’s still only speculation on how many this “majority” is. They are going on what they can see, not some projected imaginary number of “supposed” players.

They have other realms on standby if needed. They won’t open until ALL other realms become full.

As it stands right now, they aren’t. So, no new servers are needed at this point.

So then those players need to deal with their own actions and the consequences of. There will always be that “one” server massively over populated.

For my guild, we wouldn’t mind moving if we even knew stalagg was an option. A 1 hour window of notification and spinup meant no one even knew it existed until a few days later.

At this point we are just waiting to see how bad Herod will actually be and jump on to an inevitable day 1 “panic” server Blizzard will spin up to deal with the actual flood of players looking to play the game.

Lower pop servers have far better communities and offer a more enjoyable player experience.

Change my mind.

1 Like

I won’t, because that is fact.

1 Like

Agreed. Any new server at this point will be a dead server. Let high queues knock out the tourists, and things will settle quickly. Stay the course and be patient.

The reason is typically instant 60. You need to level a toon to have any attachment to it and going vanilla - tbc lets you have that time sink.

Has it occurred to anyone that they just haven’t up dated the servers’ status over the weekend?

1 Like

Right now layering will help. The problem Blizzard has is that if they add too many (which they may have already done) that they will turn into graveyards and wasted servers. Layering is the better solution to a problem with no good answers.

We are 1 week from release, I’d be surprised if this was actually the case.

Even IF someone hasn’t changed it’s status (if it isn’t automated), the Reddit memes about it being dead are preventing people from switching. I know it’s silly but it’s true, community perception outweighs reality. And unfortunately we won’t see new servers until its too late unless people stop being so rigid.

They actually invested in advertisement back than lol…

1 Like

Day 1 is meaningless to them. Day 45 is meaningless. Only after they see the real, persistent consumer load will they really need to look at server capacity.

1 Like

Yea they need at least 50 more servers to accomodate the 10 Million players who will log in on day 1