Blizzard, PLEASE ban Raider.io It encourages toxicity/players quitting

Tell me more about your perfect M+ world. There are 20-30 DPS and 3-5 healers applying every time I put up a keystone, with a 50+ ilvl spread between the top and bottom. You tell me how you think this situation should be handled, with the goal of forming an effective group that won’t fail on the first boss.

2 Likes

I can never understand how players have this mentality that they’re being gated from doing content because others aren’t allowing them to…in a game where you can start your own groups.

8 Likes

… that’s entirely missing the point.
The WoW community needs get its head out of its backside, period.

But since people around here seem so utterly inept at getting this simple message…

1 Like

I get it. But the thing to understand is that in order for that to happen, you’d have to get rid of A TON of QoL features that have been added to the game. And at that point it might just break the community even further.

1 Like

These threads are getting really old. Raiderio isnt going anywhere. If you want to run the content you can, make your own key. No one is going to carry you through higher content.

7 Likes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to do content with people who are either less experienced than you or not as skillful as you.

6 Likes

Nah that’s not an really an issue. People don’t want to group with strangers if they can’t be certain those strangers are good at the game. Makes perfect sense and I see no issue. Content is much harder now.

we’ve always had a system of gate keeping

First it was - lemme inspect you
then it was - whats ur GS + link achieve

then it was that for a long old time until now when we needed raiderIO to sort through the heroic ilvl people that haven’t stepped foot into any content about a +8
Like me

2 Likes

I understand Raider IO’s purpose and accept why it’s there, but I DON’T accept the gatekeeping and elitism it unfortunately encourages.

Everything has their flaws, as well as advantages.

I just see it as something to work on. It actually kind of gives me extra encouragement to improve.

3 Likes

I’m perfectly aware of that.
But unlike most, I’m far more willing to actually do it.

Dear lord or whoever you pray for forgiveness because gurrrlfriend nobody is going to read that!

If you hate raider .io so bad get your own key from doing a mythic dungeon and build your own darn group. If you dont want to do that then raider . io si the rule of the land.

It is by no definition perfect but it sure as hell beats a potato ruining your key!

3 Likes

People make such a big deal out of this. I pug M+ all the time and have no idea what my ‘score’ is and I don’t care. I don’t have issues finding groups, I just apply until I get accepted. Voila. Problem solved.

Or there’s always the tried and true method of making your own group with your own key.

5 Likes

Unfortunately raider IO isn’t flawless in weeding out the carried players.

2 Likes

I got to 2300 as an enhancement shaman I think you can manage to gear up sweetheart lol

4 Likes

A lot of people have been pitching the removal of LFG, LFR, and a dozen other features that made it far easier for bad/inexperienced/lazy players to get groups without the need to improve themselves. But you need to realize, that is what you are pitching for here.

The good players raised their own bars because Blizzard keeps trying to thrust the other players on them against their will.

Nothing is flawless. RIO has a far higher success rate than judging players on ilvl, or achievements, or anything else that isn’t a direct observation on what you actually do in-game. Remember in Legion when you needed to be 10 ilvls higher than a given bit of content to get a group? RIO helps prevent that and lets you earn your way into content that actually gives upgrades.

3 Likes

Yes yes thats all nice but that doesnt mean im taking you to a +15 key if the best you have done is a +6!

3 Likes

OK, so Blizzard should:

1. Ban knowledge
  2. Ban human behaviour

I’m sure they’ll get right on that now.

PS: I have no guild, ZERO friends and started with no gear and no experience yet somehow seem to manage to get into groups on all my characters, mainly by only applying for groups of a level I know is appropriate for my experience.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s the magic or Raider Io’s inherent toxicity. The arbitrary score encourages gatekeeping. That doesn’t happen in Classic. It’s random, and guess what it works just fine, everyone gets their gear. The gate-keeping affects everyone negatively.

You should have read the post also. Check my heart of azeroth necklace ability, where do you think i got that from? Hint, i got it on a M9. And by the way, it wasnt even hard either. Taking extra damage, avoid walking in red puddles that spawn that kill you fast? Wow bro, SKILL! So hard . TRULY the hardest thing since Halo 2 On legendary all skulls on while blind folded! TRULY The ULTIMATE GAMING HARDCORE CHALLENGE… EPIC! WOW !

Then again, exactly my point. Yeah, i’m very self-aware about my gear don’t need to remind me. And how exactly do you expect me to get better gear or join mythics when the sources of it are being openly blocked? Do i have a choice mate. because if i had i wouldn’t have cared. Works just fine in Classic, and it should here as well, but no. Cus arrogant folks such as you that are so full of themselves said so.

Hey man, i have a ton of screenshots i took casually on multiple occasions, a ton of them in fact, more than 50, doing dungeons or after dungeon where i appear to be the highest DPS. They’re quite old, but it works. Does that count?

1 Like

Good thing I don’t give a rats butt about your imaginary progress that doesn’t mean anything in real life.

Buddy, I wouldn’t be removing things like that.

I’d destroy the gearing system and rebuild the game from the ground up.

1 Like