Blizzard NINJA NERFS Froststeel Lockboxes, Herbs and What else?

Clairvoyance? No. A tiny bit of common sense? Absolutely.

6 Likes

Hahahahaha.

You knew you were cutting in line. Wait for the Wrath Launch.

5 Likes

Why is it common sense? There is precedence for new herbs and other stuff being available during a prepatch period for an expansion fully opening. There was no communication made by Blizzard. It absolutely is not sensible to just make that assumption. If this was important enough to just remove the items from inventories all of a sudden they should have hotfixed the drops right away, but they did not. They literally did nothing for almost a month and you think it’s common sense?

1 Like

We had access to tbc items during vanilla classic pre patch, blizz said it was fine, this is pretty weird they just deleted peoples stuff without notice…

I farmed the lvl 70 mobs in front of kara at lvl 60 during pre patch, and it was fine according to blizzard they allowed it then lol.

You have inscription available.
Death Knights avaiable.
Has Wrath Launched?

Use your brain.

4 Likes

You think that’s bad wait till you see the list of cha ges Blizzard will keep on making

sigh

Some things were intended and announced to be a part of pre-patch.
Some things were not.

You can figure out the difference.

5 Likes

I agree but it’s pretty poor form to tacitly condone this behaviour by failing to acknowledge or take action, then 180 and sledgehammer the problem by deleting all the items (rather than, say, replace them for an equivalent that is currently live).

This has to be a meme.

I have 6 froststeel lockboxes in the gbank right now…

I don’t really disagree with that. I can agree that it could have (should have?) been handled better… just at the same time I just can’t let go of “If it seems to good to be true…” and deep down people had to know, right?

Which were intended, which weren’t intended.
Can you please publish the list of each one of them? Or are you just arseguessing?

1 Like

I highly doubt the majority of players thought this was genuinely intended. But the impact is also pretty marginal: as far as I can see it just voluntarily distributes the wealth from sweatlords who want maximum preparation for 15 year old content and were willing to pay a premium for a slight advantage.

2 Likes

You’re probably not wrong.

1 Like

Gbanks seem untouched right now. I lost the 3 lockboxes my rogue was holding and some herbs that were on my paladin. But the gbank still has others.

Now if they could do a bot banwave we’d be gucci for launch

Fixing bugs is NOT “ninja-nerfing”

1 Like

Reminds me when people farmed fish south of Silithus before Cataclysm released to get the Cata fish.

There was a time in this game when using blatant exploits came with an implication of a ban or removed items. Now you’re a victim because they patched a bug you were exploiting for profit?

:violin: :sob:

4 Likes

Killing a mob and getting a drop while doing a dungeon for a quest is an exploit? I have (or I guess had, never logged to the character since this change) a few Froststeel Lockboxes. I didn’t do any exploit to get them, I was just running stuff, like MGT for the mount/pet, Kara for badges/quest/mount, etc., not doing anything shady.

6 Likes

this is so damn retarded company, why let them drop in the first place and then leaves them for 2weeks un-touched THEN suddenly they remove them??!

i didn’t want to get any at first week because i thought blizzard will do something about it but when i felt safe…last night i spent hours in Org, buying every single Froststeel Lockboxes for 15g each and now they’re gone…WTF