Blizzard needs to make actual authentic vanilla servers

Agreed.
They are so far out of touch with their players/community that they don’t understand retail isn’t even an MMORPG game anymore or have any clue how to fix it. They honestly think a level squish is going to fix anything? L-O-S-T.

Must be pretty humbling to realize you can’t even come close to improving a game created over 15 years ago, and a shame that Blizzard didn’t keep people would actually cared about the content they create.

2 Likes

yes people did just discover new paths in dungeons that allow them to do things that while possible in vanilla were not done do to a lack of knowledge…

And if you want to argue that people did know this back in the day, then why didn’t joker use the ZF solo strat from 42 to 54? On his vod that takes him well over 22 hours where as with the ZF strat can be done in easily under half that time…

Also yes guilds did transfer in mass in vanilla…

I wouldn’t oppose seeing Blizz do this for those that want an semi-authentic vanilla wow experience. People are still going to have alll this time under their belts so theory crafting will probably be out the window and I think it will still just be a bunch of min / maxing meta play. Not that it’s a bad thing if that is your thing.

But would the overall time investment for the devs be enough to actually make it be worth their while to split the player base with Classic Vanilla and Classic Now? And then split the player base even more if they co Classic Now TBC and potentially Classic Now WOTLK?

This forum is for discussion and trolling, not your imaginary wishlist of things that will never happen.

It comes down to how many of the massive amount of players in vanilla played because of the game it was versus because it was the thing to play. The RPG crowd is always vastly outnumbered by the twitch kids.*

Even among the hardcore EverQuest Folk there is a large contingent of content Locust* and purely social players, to the point that a few thousand players on the most popular classic server is considered busy.

I would certainly advocate for and play on an authentic server, but I sincerely doubt the viability of it.

*these aren’t meant as derogatory terms, just descriptive

All three of these are incorrect.

They did not do this for us.

They saw a money machine from private servers and decided to cash in. Record growth in subs since release.

The rerelease of classic preserves their ip for better legal argument against private servers which helps maintain population in this disaster of a gaming environment.

Oh, what noble and generous lords Blizzard are! To give us a product in exchange for $15 per month! What gracious hearts!

1 Like

You need to flex your brain muscle a lil. You’re not getting that new car feel again.

1 Like

To late for that , they had one shot to get it right , ive enjoyed classic alot, actually way too much, but i wouldnt do it again.

LOL! :joy:

I think you guys aren’t picking up what I’m throwing down here, but whatever. Game on!

Agreed.

1 Like

I will say it /would/ be pretty cool to have a progressive experience. original talent progression. original Itemization. But I’m happy with what we have.

1 Like

Not like blizz care or listen to random posts but I think it would be ideal to have “old servers” the way you described and “new servers” with Perm layers, node increases, transfers, etc.

I’d play on a new server but I think players should have the choice.

So what do you suggest then? These are player created issues, boosting and premades.

Sounds like you want a server where you can just ban anyone who does something you don’t like. No business is gonna go in on that.

Absolutely NONE of what you said will EVER be a thing, no matter even if a private server with everything you think should be in classic was made. Why? Because the players are the ones who do these things, because they KNOW how to play now compared to before. So yes, this is as vanilla like as it will ever get from Blizzard, you don’t like it? The links to un-sub are at the top of your browser somewhere. Is this perfect? Nope, did Blizzard make some boo-boo’s? Yes, either learn to live with it or move on.

Speaking of this, I have that one guy on ignore. I won’t mention his name ('cause it’s against the rules). But, you know who I am talking about.

The one who charges 3g - 5g per boss head and gets all the loot, unless you sit, watch and subscribe to his YT Channel xD

Never ever took him up on his offer.

Just knock it off.

Good for you.

Several of my guildmates have purchased his runs. It’s fast exp.

He has every right to do it.

Thank you.

Doesn’t surprise me.

Herm, it might be, but I don’t think it’s as fun. To each their own, though.

True. I agree that nobody should be -that- concerned about people purchasing Run Throughs. It’s their gold.

I do think there’s not that many people going this route, however.