Blizzard needs to make actual authentic vanilla servers

Make the server population cap the same as Vanilla

No layers of any kind ever

Keep resources, spawn rates, literally everything identical to vanilla

No cross realm BG no cross realm AV since this was standard for most of vanilla

Disable transfers to and from the server permanently to preserve faction balance and the economy

If Blizzard wants to start changing things to address issues on these mega servers that never existed in Vanilla then at least create a few authentic #NoChanges servers so people can choose whether they want these unwarranted changes or not.

6 Likes

Dude, come on. It’s a genuine miracle that Blizzard invested all the resources into creating Classic. People had been asking for old-school WoW for almost a decade and it was generally assumed it would never happen. Remember the “Wall of No”?

How about instead of demanding more we appreciate that we have a vanilla-like environment to play in at all? They didn’t have to do it for it us but they did. Sure, it’s not perfect, but it’s much better than nothing at all.

12 Likes

Yeah, you’re not getting “fresh” servers.

3 Likes

creating classic? classic is a 15 year old game. hell look at the “resources invested” into BfA that is STRAIGHT clown poop

4 Likes

This environment isn’t vanilla like at all and the fact that you called it that makes you suspect that you don’t even know what vanilla like means.

There was never a point in vanilla where paid boosts and paid runs overtook actual 5 man runs.

There was never a point in vanilla where layering ever existed

There was never a point in vanilla where AB and WSG were turned into unplayable honor farms because pugs always outnumbered premades.

There was never a point in Vanilla where you’d suddenly have entire guilds appear on your server out of nowhere(like Grizzly on Sulfuras).

That has to be a joke if you think this is actually Vanilla like, and the people that actually campaigned for this game did so for 10+ years why would we accept a third rate watered down version for retail kids now?

3 Likes

No, it isn’t. They had to port over all the old data into the new infrastructure. They explained at great length the challenges involved with that at Blizzcon. It wasn’t easy. And again, they didn’t have to do crap for us. But they did.

1 Like

“I wanna control the lotus market again”

3 Likes

“I’m jealous of a potentially actual Vanilla like server and want every server and every player to have the same miserable retail like experience as me”

Dude, bite me. I played in the original beta and was one of the first level 60 Priests on Lightbringer. I know what Vanilla was. And I know it’ll never come again. But Classic has much of what made Vanilla great.

Vanilla is never going to come again, okay? It doesn’t matter how many times they reboot the servers. Those days are over. You have an expectation that is impossible to fulfill. Do yourself a favor; get over it.

3 Likes

And yet you played on retail all these years all the way to level 120 :rofl:

We can all make things up online that doesn’t make them true :joy:

Environment was never gonna be the same and will never be the same beacuse people know too much now.

Most of the boosting methods were not discovered until after classic was launched, so of course they didn’t exist in vanilla… however if these were not also working in the reference client they almost certainly would’ve been fixed by now, showing that they we just didn’t optimize properly in vanilla.

There was never a point in vanilla where they had expected mass influx of population followed by mass player dropoff, which is EXACTLY what classic had, considering realms had queues with multiple layers and now only a select few have them and that’s due to a global pandemic keeping people inside. If we didn’t have layers every realm would be a ghost town, and layers really didn’t do any lasting harm anyway.

Again back to players know more, this is entirely due to people knowing how to play to get the rewards they want, nothing changed about this and there is no way to get people to forget what they know.

Server transfers did exist in vanilla… they were not paid but they did exist so this did happen in vanilla.

This has to be a joke if you think this is not an accurate Vanilla server with modern players on it.

I didn’t play on retail all these years. And I’m not making up what I said. But here’s the thing, and pay attention because it’s important: it doesn’t matter whether or not you believe me. What I’m saying is true. Vanilla ain’t coming back. You’re never getting what you want. Classic is what we have and that’s what we get.

2 Likes

This environment isn’t vanilla like at all and the fact that you called it that makes you suspect that you don’t even know what vanilla like means.

A 100% perfect duplicate was NEVER going to happen.
The world environment itself Blizz tried its best to copy but there is absolutely NOTHING Blizz can do about the players and HOW they play it.
Phase 2 PvP camping nightmare. What would have you done?
Do note this is a player created problem, not Blizz’s fault.
Did blizz FORCE faction balance way back then?

There was never a point in vanilla where paid boosts and paid runs overtook actual 5 man runs.

Player created issue. Even if the recreated Vanilla was perfect, this would STILL occur.

There was never a point in vanilla where layering ever existed

Stop being idiotic. Either 6 hours queues or layering.

There was never a point in vanilla where AB and WSG were turned into unplayable honor farms because pugs always outnumbered premades.

Player created issue. Even in a prefect recreation, this would STILL occur.

There was never a point in Vanilla where you’d suddenly have entire guilds appear on your server out of nowhere(like Grizzly on Sulfuras).

Don’t know if transfers existed back then but what has that got to do with the perfect world.

That has to be a joke if you think this is actually Vanilla like, and the people that actually campaigned for this game did so for 10+ years why would we accept a third rate watered down version for retail kids now?

What these types of players are attempting to chase is not attainable. “I want to go back to 2006 with the new skill I have learned over years of WoW and be better than 2006 plebs.”

Problem is that the vast majority of players who never played on private servers quickly outpaced most private server guilds barring a few outliers. It was easy being a big fish in a small pond and they cant handle being a small one in an ocean.

5 Likes

All of the boosting methods used today existed in actual Vanilla, players didn’t magically discover secret properties that weren’t already known about XP back in 2006 the difference is the majority of runs were still traditional 5 mans.

And server transfers did exist towards the end of Vanilla but were never abused to exploit economies, rank up easier, or move entire guilds onto less competitive servers. or move 90% of one faction onto another server leaving the previous server forever destroyed.

have them use common sense?

whoa man, seems pretty radical!

oof Sedryn…
acting like Blizzard re-released this game out of the kindness of their hearts and not due to the fact that the “retail” version of the game is on life support and they have no clue how to stem the bleeding…

3 Likes

You have a point, but does it really matter why they did it?

1 Like

motives DON’T matter? lmao…

Blizzard is a business. Of course they wouldn’t release it unless they thought it was financially sustainable, but the minimal number of launch servers revealed how much they underestimated its success. I don’t think they believed there would be this many people still playing more than six months later. Hell, I didn’t anticipate it and I’ve wanted this for many years.