Blizzard needs a final decision on flight

No they didn’t

If they must put reps into it, it should be getting to honoured which is far less irritating then needed to get to revered.

They even have recipes locked behind exalted reps. Let us buy rep gain tabards once we hit honoured too perhaps.

I agree that the current situation is just lazy and unfun. I couldn’t really start to enjoy the world until I had flight, and it was a pain to get there.

A game should be fun, needing to grind out a feature which I already have over and over again is not fun.

3 Likes

Why? Because you say so? What makes you so important?

Blizzard already MADE their decision back in 2014. They have made no changes in the last 5 years. That seems pretty “final” to me. But Blizzard has no reason to announce that the current decision is “final” (whatever that means).

Blizzard has not been indecisive. And they don’t agree with your opinion that “we need” a change to the rules. Blizzard likes the ruleset they created in 2014. They have the right to change it in the future. How does that harm any player?

5 Likes

Because you would accept the masters decree and get rid of flight I"ll just give you a big

NOPE

Followed by flying bought at level 60 good forever more.

Give bliz a chance and eventually we will be doing pathfinder for ground mounts and running instead of rp walking.

Bliz may do what they choose, but I will not even consider buying another expansion if flying isn’t fixed and the issue removed forevermore.

So ya’ll do you, and I"ll either accept what I like or move on.

If you aren’t happy you have the same options open to you.

What are we without the skies?

Mud people

2 Likes

Please.

If Pathfinder didn’t exist, and if I made a thread asking for everything Pathfinder is, you and so many others would reject it.

That’s because, for some reason, everyone rejects anything that isn’t already in game or put there by Blizzard. It’s like nobody else can have good ideas for features and game direction except the actual devs. But that logic is severely flawed; anyone can have great ideas, and all of them should be considered.

The OP has a great point: Pathfinder sucks. Make the game with more content that uses flying in a fun and creative way, or nix it completely and get us back to enjoying a game with great ground content.

3 Likes

Make the game WITH flight in mind. Meaning you can fly right away and the world has no weird clipping, the skies aren’t free to roam unabated and we finally get mounted combat.

No excuses. No backstepping. DO EET!

3 Likes

eyes OP suspiciously and reaches for pitchfork

2 Likes

aside from the rep, pathfinder is fine. i like being grounded for a while and then having it open up after the content has been run through

Flight at max level for a small fee or simple quest chain is what is needed.

And yes, they could build content around flight.

3 Likes

the problem is if Blizzard isn’t going to make a decision lots of player will and a lot that have already ARENT coming back

personally I wouldn’t want to be the person responsible for explaining to the investors and shareholders as to why their stocks are dropping because when it comes time to assign blame eventually its going to trickle down the corporate ladder and the blame will be put squarely on the person or persons in charge of the less than profitable projects

I mean you really think the president of Blizzard is going to be the one to throw himself on his sword and take all the blame do you? oh no he will do what any exec in his spot does delegate blame and throw others under the bus

1 Like

Because I give Blizzard dollars, and they need dollars to keep making games. But I don’t need Blizzard to keep playing games. Multiply that by a couple million and that is why I (we) are important.

It’s called feedback friend, no need to come flying at me like that.

I don’t wan’t to see a change in rules, I want to see a change in design philosophy to keep WoW relevant. BfA did nothing new. They took no chances and just went through the motions of giving us another expansion. I think that if they are going to keep flight around, they should do something with it other than making it a travel convenience. There is untapped potential.

I agree with how pathfinder has been handled so far, but in the future I want to see a change that 1) Revitalizes one of the biggest games in history and 2) Finally puts the freaking flight arguments to bed.

2 Likes

Their final decision for the last 3 xpacs has been Pathfinder. You just don’t like it.

3 Likes

NO NO NO NO. DID I MENTION NO? This really is just not necessary. The only thing that needs to happen is to allow flying in current expansion much earlier than eleven months in. Don’t over complicate things. It is not necessary.
And this is just another get rid of flying post poorly disguised as a thoughtful analysis. Which by the way it isn’t.
Again you don’t want to fly then don’t. But stop insisting others also not fly.

2 Likes

There are three posts in this very thread from me, saying that I do indeed like it, but moving forward, I think Blizzard has an opportunity to make a better WoW, with either the inclusion or exclusion of flight as a feature. You are proof that people only comment based on article titles.

Come on, man.

Again, does anybody read? I gave both sides of an argument and honestly for this post, I am more for a pro-flight expansion than a flightless one, If it is done in an interesting way. At least read the OP before your very inaccurate breakdown of my thoughtful analysis, which by the way, it is.

it is all at the very top, and a good read if I do say so.
Reading is so so so not hard…

I can read just fine. You don’t like flying and made a post trying to hide your desire. That is cool but doesn’t mean folks can’t call you out on it.

Like I said. You don’t want to fly then don’t. But don’t try and make it more difficult for those who do. Oh and insulting folks doesn’t win your argument.

wonder how many people would enjoy pathfinder if Blizzard made ground mounts require a similar concept in order to use them?

For starters, in 8 months, they lost nearly 5 million subs. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/world-of-warcraft-loses-another-15-million-subscri/1100-6429463/

Article dated August 4 2015

World of Warcraft subscriptions continued to slide, falling [from 7.1 million to 5.6 million]
At the end of 2014, World of Warcraft had [10 million subscribers].

• Note that in one quarter they lost 1.5 million(this was the quarter of 6.2 and the announcement of no more flying).
  • The announcement came before the 6.2 release which was June 22 2015. That quarter ended June 30.

Here is the article with the interview with Ion and the announcement - https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/8645293/world-of-warcraft-no-flying-tanaan-jungle-warlords-of-draenor-mmo-pc-blizzard
(scroll to #4)

Date? May 22.

What does this all mean? In 3 months, they lost 1.5 million subs when the announcement of no more flying came smack in the middle of that quarter. The announcement sent shockwaves through the community and losing that many subs right before the new patch, obviously around the time of the announcement, clearly shows they made a big boo-boo with that decision and announcement. And they DID lose millions of subs over that decision.

7 Likes

You apparently cannot.

The second half of my OP is all about how I think an expansion with innovative and featured flight mechanics would be easier and more lucrative than one without flight, with a handful of recommendations actually… so I guess I don’t know how you are arriving to the conclusion that this is an anti flying post.

This is a “how things could be handled differently in the future” post. People want to get their damn panties twisted about yes pathfinder or no pathfinder but there are other ways that things could be done. If you don’t like the discussion of potential plan Cs, then go find a bickering thread. I’m not spoon feeding my ideas to you.

1 Like

name one other time Blizzard lost that many subs in such a short time? they cant because it was unprecedented in the entire history of WoW they never had such a rapid loss of players before that announcement or do they really expect us to believe they pulled a 180 so quickly just because the development team decided to put flight back on their own without pressure from their bosses?

1 Like

Exactly. They were sitting there with a lot of egg on their face. Losing almost half of your sub base in a little less than 3 quarters is a nosedive. Losing 1.5 million in one quarter over the flying debacle is a big part of that nosedive.

A lot of these design choices around pathfinder seem like a sort of punishment. The design and the way they are implemented seem spiteful.

It is very similar to the backlash they faced over the Water Strider. Causing them to go back on the gutting of it only to sneak a way into it in 8.2 a spacious 3 1/2 years later.

I really don’t see how investors are ok with developers that are consistently, and purposefully, butting heads with their customers. In any other field or company, the people would be relieved of their positions.

3 Likes