Blizzard needs a final decision on flight

If you got Pathfinder part two done in 10 days, you were not playing casually. Go somewhere else with that BS propaganda

5 Likes

The stock doesn’t lose nearly half of it’s value just because of the fans being mad about Diablo Immortal.

1 Like

You hold onto that dream and never ever let it go. Hope is a beautiful thing.

Me? I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

OP - Pretty sure Blizz feels like they have a final decision on flight, and it’s the pathfinder system. Whether or not you like it is a different conversation, but they seem pretty content with it as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

I’d only be for this AS LONG AS Activision/Blizzard were completely up front and truthful in it’s intention.

Spreading False Information in order to retain a customer base that wants Flying is unethical and illegal. It’s called False Advertising, in which Activision/Blizzard skirted the very boundaries back in Warlords.

They want to make a final decision. That’s fine but for GOD’S SAKE “Man up Buttercup!!” and be completely honest about your intentions and be MAN ENOUGH to accept the results from that decision.

It’s still developmental laziness that has put us in this situation. It’s not something fun you achieve to grab once you hit max level in an expansion anymore because it’s not even developed by then.

Someone(s) high up decided that they didn’t want flying in the game anymore and now they’re using it almost as a tool to punish us and allow their time played metrics to flourish.

It’s like your partner who found that button to push. Blizz realized just how much the public loved it and now they’re using it against us. Flying feels like a weird ultimatum to me too it’s like oh yeah, if you really want it you’ll do this this this this this and this for it. Where “this” is no small feat either.

Getting flight half way through an expansion and making this awful grind to get it is not okay, nor is taking flying out.

I played from Vanilla till MOP and came back half way through Legion. I haven’t done a single pathfinder to completion because it’s not worth the effort and it feels bad.

They are not making this game for their customers anymore and it’s not in the name of fun either.

You’re right in the fact that they’re trying to condition us into things though. Here’s a good example

Back in December they pulled this…

Received backlash and instead of letting it go, they further waste more development time figuring out how to get the same effect they want without pissing us off quite as much. 6 months later we have this.

Instead of turning into a fine wine over the years…
WoW has turned into an unruly teenager who doesn’t care what anyone wants anymore that keeps acting upon what ultimately ends up being fail ideas. All while hitting you up for more money.

3 Likes

I always thought Blizzards handling of flight seemed more like a kid snatching away his sister doll then running away with it and when they get in trouble they’re like fine little baby have your stupid doll back and tosses it across the room out of spite

4 Likes

More like Borfinder.

1 Like

You forget to add Imho not all of us Think that way of BFA.

1 Like

you answered your own question

just give us flying in a proper time-frame

I thought the decision was PF. Isnt that why its been in the game for 3 expansions now?

1 Like

A compromise would be ; Per toon earned/world drop, transferred to another toon per gold. Also allowed to be sold on the AH and lasts 1 week.

Says the undead Warlock.

1 Like

Nothing in life is so cemented that it can’t be changed, and wow is no different!

I’m sorry you thought standing in orgrimmar gives you rep, but it doesn’t. Maybe go to some WQs in mechagon and nazjatar.

1 Like

Can you back that up with any source? Any at all? No? Ok.

What’s your definition of “playing casually”? Does logging on to do Mechagon and Nazjatar dailies not constitute that?

Mechagon dailies if you don’t fart around (and were lucky enough to get the Anti-Gravity Pack) take no time at all without flying. Maybe half an hour or so. Probably closer to 45 minutes without the Anti-Gravity pack.

Nazjatar dailies are a bit more long-winded, but even that shouldn’t take more than 90 minutes with all the really annoying quests (like finding rares) being nerfed.

Can a casual not devote 2 hours or so to a game after work, school or whatever? If you do that for 10 days or so, slightly less if you’re lucky with rep drops and/or human, slightly more if you’re unlucky or just plain skip the annoying quests, and flying is certainly within the realm of possibility.

It’s been almost 3 weeks AND the Darkmoon Faire has rolled around. If you don’t have flying you have nobody to blame but yourself, even if you’re a casual.

You’re correct. Pathfinder was the compromise. Considering it’s gone basically unchanged for 3 expansions now, I’d say Blizzard are pretty happy with the current model.

It’s obviously not hurting their bottom line too much, and the devs that don’t like flying are happy enough that they’re not trying to change it.

1 Like

It’s very close, but I wanted to also interject a reference to the fact that we’re paying for this.

To a certain degree I believe they’re abusing peoples loyalty to their brand.

2 Likes

You’re right and this does suck but it’s eventually a losing way of going about things for them.

I hope they change things up soon because otherwise, this game won’t grow and thrive.
It’ll become real hard to get new players to stay.

I think they did lose half their subs when they tried to take out flying as that was right around the time they stopped publishing their sub numbers.

1 Like

8.2 was released on June 25. I’ve been playing every day except one, since then.

Today I just now got flying. It takes quite awhile if you don’t have the added rep bonuses.

Just saying.