Blizzard lost 29%of its playerbase in three years

I thought they lost 70 percent in the last 3 months… :joy:

Man the numbers keep on changing for the WoW is dead crowd.

breaks into the announcer box and pile drives the announcer before shouting “USA USA USA!”

1 Like

I’m just here to report the facts, sir. Even in this war the press should be free from aggression.

…and then there comes this guy!

1 Like

Ummm… did you read my post?

If I was unhappy I would leave. I’d send my gold to friends, uninstall and move onto something else. That’s what I do when I’m not enjoying a game because I’m a normal person who doesn’t subject themselves to hobbies they don’t like.

If you aren’t enjoying the game, you should uninstall and leave. Come back next expansion if you want but stop paying for and playing a game you don’t enjoy. Do something you do enjoy.

1 Like

Some of us who are unhappy don’t randomly leave.

We want to give feedback, improve the game and make it better because we want it to succeed and draw in more players and make it the best game ever.

In a way, we are more white knights than the sorry excuse of white knights.

7 Likes

I’m not enjoying the game but i enjoy logging on to play arenas with my friend when he finishes work and then logging off

To me thats still worth being subbed, but having lost everything else in the game that i found fun still leaves a bitter taste

3 Likes

You’re not “anguished over the state of the game”, you’ve come in assuming that the game is trash because the developers are some kind of nebulous evil that’s out to get you. And there are people who do this for years. At some point you gotta cut your losses.

1 Like

We are anguished over the state of the game.

Your logic is like saying “Damn Fortuna is working behind the scenes to bring WoW down”.

Doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I can only speak for myself and those I know, I left in WOD when they were going to turn the SV into melee, blizzard basically deleting the years I had invested into my toon (and most of my friends that left was because they changed the class they played for years to the point it didn’t match what they loved to play anymore). only reason I just re-subbed a few weeks ago was the announcement of BC and hopefully LK so I can play those classes and specs again didn’t even bother to buy SL a waste of money IMO. (also bonus I’m not a fan of the crap scaling blizzard put in). *I’ve actively told people not to bother with the game, only the classic stuff is really worth playing.

*one of my friends dragged me back for a very short stint in BFA but neither stayed for long after we seen how bad they butchered the classes…

2 Likes

Besides the declining player base, it’s at the point where I wouldn’t even recommend the game to anyone who would want to look into playing.

The disconnect between those developing the game and those playing it is expansive. Add to that, my personal frustration with the constant changing of things … nerfing this, buffing that, changing legendaries, addressing gear issues with farmable currency, etc … these are all things imo that a development should have figured out BEFORE an expansion launches. Having to refocus your main or switch mains entirely every tier is beyond frustrating. They seem to not have a clue how to implement balanced systems so we end up with change after change after change which makes no sense to me.

I stay because of the time I have invested in the game until now but enjoy playing less and less. If there’s a breaking point for just stopping playing WoW entirely I haven’t reached it yet but I’m closer to it now than I’ve ever been.

2 Likes

Ok.

Heroes of the Storm is dead.

Diablo 3 hasn’t had an expansion or update in years. (New seasons are not updates. They don’t offer new content)

Overwatch is basically dead as well. They keep talking about Overwatch 2 but haven’t produced it yet. They’ve drastically slowed down their hero release schedule, and just repeat old content.

Wow… Wow is 17 years old. People can only play for so long before getting bored. The daily grind is tough and gets boring.

Hearthstone is a card game that if you’re not super into, you play for a month then drop.

Blizz has 3 dead properties, an aging game that people are bored of because they’ve been playing it for years, and a niche card game.

It’s not really all that surprising that people are leaving Blizzard games for other companies.

If Blizzard don’t want to put the time and effort into their own games, neither will their customers.

This really isn’t “shout from the rooftops” worthy news.

5 Likes

I’m glad the people that are unhappy continue to stick around. Their monthly contribution helps keep the game going, which means the game I love and enjoy playing will remain active.

These forums need to see the positive and stop telling people to just quit. If some players wish to come here and vent and post negative, doomsayer threads… let them. I’d rather they stay and keep paying instead of walking away and never coming back.

If you hate this game and think it’s trash, or just want to post constructive criticism to help improve the game, please continue. I honestly don’t want any of you to leave.

3 Likes

This is someone I would be proud to support.

Because he’s actually white knighting the game for real: Trying to keep it alive.

Instead of driving people away by being rude/snarky to them in arrogance. Learn to try and keep players or give them a good experience and they will come back.

1 Like

I think it’s the combo of gnome height and the Grand Imperator staff :laughing:

We are all wks of the game. Most of usbhave invested years in it and really don’t want to see it fail or be in a bad state. When we are negative, it’s because we are unhappy and wantsomething changed.

1 Like

Exactly. This is what those ignorant players don’t understand when they see us anguished over the game.

We all want the game to succeed. Which is why we stay even if we like it or not in the hope that it will improve.

I just don’t get why HOtS isn’t massive. It is legitimately an awesome game with awesome lore to back it up.

They just seemed to give up on it :confused:

4 Likes

I would suspect it didn’t pull the crowd from leagues, and have the numbers they expected.

I played Heartstone hardcore for a year. I stopped because everyone just ends up playing a meta deck so every fight you go into just feels scripted.

1 Like

I swear she doesn’t have a job and just sits in the forums all day. She shows up in every post without fail to defend Blizzard. I can’t imagine making that sort of time commitment to posting.

7 Likes