Blizzard lost 29%of its playerbase in three years

So sad how far blizzard has fallen. On a side note, I’d post the article but you can’t post links for some reason on these forums. What is this 2003 again?

50 Likes
5 Likes

No, that can’t be, even though we have the actual numbers the earnings call was yesterday and the PR guys said it was better than ever!

8 Likes

Watch out saying stuff like this, that one panda I won’t name will come here and defend blizzard like it’s her own child.

82 Likes

Was it this one?

3 Likes

Considering they haven’t released an actual new title in years aside from Reforged and that was one of the biggest flops ever. I’m surprised it’s not much worse.

WoW and Hearthstone must be carrying hard for Blizz at this point.

19 Likes

Hmm that is a bit worrying for them, especially losing numbers during Covid when many people were stuck home all day.

From the website (linked by Kyveli above):
38M in Q1 2018
37M in Q2 2018
37M in Q3 2018 (BFA)
35M in Q4 2018 (mass layoffs)
32M in Q1 2019
32M in Q2 2019
33M in Q3 2019 (WoW Classic)
32M in Q4 2019 (Blitzchung)
32M in Q1 2020 (COVID-19)
32M in Q2 2020 (COVID-19)
30M in Q3 2020 (COVID-19)
29M in Q4 2020 (COVID-19, Shadowlands)
27M in Q1 2021 (this quarter)

34 Likes

In before the obligatory “Just because they announced it doesn’t mean it’s that bad the game itself is in a great place and you’re just complaining for the sake of complaining”.

White Knights arrive in 3…2…1

27 Likes

We have actual numbers of the money that was made…which has always been increasing with Kotick.

We do not have subscriber numbers as they no longer provide those for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Let the age old battle of The Doom and Gloom Legion vs The White Knights of Righteousness commence!! No hair pulling, biting, bra snapping or atomic wedgies pls.

:checkered_flag:

11 Likes

You can post links using the ` symbol on either side of your link.

It’s the key to the left of your 1 key.

Like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Then anyone can just highlight the link, to then right click and open it.

4 Likes

Hahaha I think I know who you are talking about.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

6 Likes

“Positive vibes only”

Don’t summon bad actors please

2 Likes

Of the “Big Three”:

• Starcraft is dead and the team responsible no longer exists.

• Diablo is wallowing in nostalgia + “Don’t you guys have phones?” + Diablo 4 is still far on the horizon.

• Reforged was a dumpster fire. Shadowlands is suffering from COVID-delays, although it did have a massive launch. Hearthstone shows uncompromised growth however.

Blizzard has gone from an industry leader to merely maintaining a stable population in a 16 year MMO and running a successful card game. Whoopie.

34 Likes

Doom and Gloom Legion is off to a brutal start…knees to the White Knights nether regions have begun without hesitation… stay tuned!

2 Likes

Divide by the number of multiboxers. Also, lets ignore NetEase

Dude yall need to stop being so salty about this game.

7 Likes

Jeeze, that’s a lot worse than I thought.

It’s not just WoW, it’s everything.

2 Likes

A game which we’re paying $40 + $15 every month.

Sure yeah it’s a Hello kitty charity foundation and we’re being ungrateful brats right :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Its all Doom and Gloom to this point. “Likes” and high fives are flying left and right… they clearly have the upper hand and are reveling in each others misery! The White Knights have put up no resistance!

4 Likes