Blizzard lost 29%of its playerbase in three years

Yuuup. Here we go…

Concerning WoW pessimism, we’re not “doom and glooming” for giggles. It’s more like we’re watching a relative drink themselves to death and we’re trying really hard to stage an intervention and get them healthy again.

We’re mad because we love the game.

18 Likes

Stop trying to make them see sense

One Doom and Gloomer has mounted the ropes and is shouting for the world to hear! “We care!” is all I could make out!

I’m not sure I even love the game anymore… there’s just no alternative that’s any more satisfying. I’m not - by the way - a person who believes that the genre is on its last gasp - rather, I think MMORPGs right now are taking a healthy breather, and that there are better days (and games) yet to come. But, at the present, WoW or FFXIV (or something intensely grindy [although with really fun combat] like BDO) are really the only options.

I just don’t have any large desire to see the game go out like this - with a whimper rather than a roar. But that’s definitely the direction things are heading.

7 Likes

This is why I try to tell these ignorant White Knights to stop using the “Quit if you don’t like it” just to keep an argument from their side.

Don’t add to the already rotten state. Don’t drive players away with your ignorant comeback

4 Likes

WOW is just boring atm, the systems are boring, the expansion is boring, the the current story is boring, the content is boring, we pay a sub fee to play a broken game and to be beta testers so they can play the game they want not the way players want. Just my 2 cents & how I feel. I tried a resub took about 9 hours of boring gameplay to unsub down to 23 days and counting.

5 Likes

It appears there is some in-fighting in the Doom and Gloom camp… some disagreement about “revenue and its importance” at this point it seems to be a tame bit of pushing and shoving, we will keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Know the feeling.

I just love Azeroth, no matter what. Played the game for technically half my lifetime now (on and off). Not afraid to admit it’s one of my favorite games and I want it to thrive instead of die.

It’s just sad to see it go down by death by a thousand cuts. :confused:

9 Likes

what do you want us to do about it? cake on black eyeliner and be all emo about something we have absolutely no control over?

1 Like

wow sub isn’t the only way wow brings money.
In game shop - so many mounts, xmogs pets.
In game services.

A lot of thing can affect their rev.

To blame it all on subs is a far reach

2 Likes

Honestly, a RP server has the Vanilla/Classic vibe. It’s the only server where I still get /waves and people recognize me, just like the old days. But you have to actually like and participate in RP.

And no, I don’t mean the Moonguard kind… :joy:

No but let’s not be that doggo sitting in that fire heating up some marshmallows and claiming THIS IS FINE.

That’s what we’re saying.

4 Likes

With no real opposition , its seems to be inevitable. The Doom and Gloomers need someone to fight… its in their very makeup. They are turning on each other in their *zeal to shed blood… things could go south very quickly.

Zeal*

10char

Thanks now i’m going to go listen to my chemical romance and thirty seconds to mars and tokio hotel

4 Likes

That’s another thing that gets me, We pay a sub fee to play a screwed up game the way they want us to while they spend all the time to find ways to milk us for more money.

10 Likes

Emergency!

The fight has broken out and now the referee got dragged in! He’s claiming to be innocent but both sides have lined up to take punches at him!

2 Likes

Get him bois

1 Like

5 Likes

*reads post

Oh wow… right then *logs into Wow