Blizzard Its been 2 years now

Are you going to fix Driver timeouts for AMD GPU users playing World of Warcraft or not?
I had this issue with a 6700 XT and I still have it with a different PC entirely with a 7800 XT.
My screens can go black and my entire computer locks up until I reboot it myself.
It can happen in 5 minutes or in 5 hours. its completely random.
No other video game I play on my computer does this. Only your game.
AMD says its your fault.
Blizzard says its AMD or the Users fault.
Whos right?

I will also add that yes its true. If you take out your AMD GPU and buy and install a Nvidia one instead, it completely solves this problem. It actually does.
Because neither AMD or Blizzard will admit the fault or acknowledge what is happening or why its occurring, this is the only legitimate way to fix the problem.

2 Likes

I agree. I bought a 7900xtx and now I’m considering selling it and buying a Nvidia card. The timeouts are so random and I have not been able to replicate them to figure out a solution.

You should be asking AMD that. AMD will most likely fix the driver issue when the new expansion comes out that is what they have done in the past.

2 Likes

Nvidia user here so grain of salt and all but this to me sounds like a AMD issue and not a blizz one. Why release hardware or not update it so that it can run certain software?

2 Likes

ATI has had compatibility issues since the company was founded. Fixes for there drivers take years in some cases. If a major fix is required like for wow it might launch when the new expansion drops.

3 Likes

I have also been experiencing this (AMD Ryzen 5 5600G) and I’m glad to know it’s AMD being trash and not my very-recently bought computer having hardware problems…

Yeah no doubt it takes time and would be wise to do it come launch but what I’m saying is that sounds like the hardware providers issue and not that of blizz.

Sounds like the graphics cards your using aren’t fit for purpose then, and all who own them should ask for refunds maybe.

1 Like

So a $1300CAD video card that can play Cyberpunk 2077 in 4k at max graphics isn’t fit for playing WoW? Thanks for your input.

A GPU’s ability to play any game is fully dependent on the drivers developed by the manufacturer of the GPU. AMD made an error this time, acknowledged it in their forum, but has never given an ETA on a fix.

2 Likes