Blizzard isn't banning bots. Should I just buy gold?

I’ve reported people who have told me they buy gold, and I know they have for a fact because they’ve spent somewhere between 20-40k on stupid items like Teebu’s and other items from GDKPs. If Blizzard did actually investigate reports these players would have been banned, because it would be very easy to see the gold being sent to them.
What are the only reasonable conclusions when multiple confirmed gold buyers have been reported but not banned after an extended amount of time?
A. Blizzard does not look into reports.
or
B. Blizzard does not ban gold buyers.
There is no other option here.

7 Likes

Bladewise, while I agree with you - primarily that Blizzard has a major responsibility to address this issue - I am going to have to bow out of this discussion, as it has also become clear to me that you are not looking to engage in an open discourse of ideas.

4 Likes

Nope. I’m here to incessantly flame Blizzard until they put our money where their mouth is and actually HIRE PEOPLE to investigate bot reports.

5 Likes

No they don’t.

Of course they do, every bot is a sub. The only bots they don’t make money off of are bots that are on hacked accounts and those are conveniently the only bots they will ban.

Any bot on a valid account paying a sub doesn’t get banned. It may get hit with a 6 month ban every 6 months in a ban wave. But then the botter only needs 2 valid accounts to be able to bot year round without any real repercussions.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/herbalism-bots-plaguing-bfa/6981/28

2 Likes

Man they’re just paying lip service. Do you even play this game? Ever left stormwind? I donno maybe you’re not on a mega server like me. Join Herod and try to farm anything in the open world and see what you run into. Literally. Everything. Is. Botted. 24/7.

EDIT for emphasis: Literally. Everything.

10 Likes

It’s sad when gdkp runs are good money makers primarily because of gold buyers inflating the price of all these items

Blizz doesn’t care

10 Likes

They really do not. I feel like it’s part of the reason they’re rushing content too. People are so distracted with Naxx coming so soon that they don’t even care about the bot issue and with the content coming out so fast are probably having to buy gold to even keep up.

And what other option do they have? The bots are already farming everything so even if you were to try they’d cut into your profits so much you might as well just buy gold from them.

This leaves Blizzard right where they want to be, profiting off of the player AND the bot subs. It’s honestly customer abuse.

2 Likes

This. Solo dungeons / boosting lowbies is god awfully boring but the only effective way to make money

4 Likes

Yea, I really love world pvp/gathering but all the best spots are SO botted now that I can’t compete.

I can kill a Horde player, I can deny an Alliance player enough that they leave.
A bot is forever.

I have a 60 lock, 60 mage, 60 hunter gold farming isn’t hard, can be repetitive and boring but at least I’m not broke and don’t have to worry about future being banned

It’s honest work, someone had to do it

My server has almost 3x your servers population.

1 Like

To be fair those are the 3 classes that can farm gold the quickest and easiest in Classic. Lol

Mages boosting, locks doing jump runs, and hunters doing Dmt runs.

2 Likes

Had a friend who botted from 2006-2011

Only got caught once finally in 2011 and used the excuse to quit for good. Blizzard has been very inconsistent when it comes to banning bots. I didn’t even know he was botting until he was banned and he admitted why

1 Like

Blizzard makes the game and presents it to players as is. Players play the game according to the features, restrictions, and loopholes that are part of the game. Players are unable to effect changes in the game or control the behavior of other players.

I don’t understand why that’s such a tough concept.

1 Like

No the RMTers and their bots and scripts play the game outside of the restrictions and Blizzard is too cheap to do anything about it.

I agree with you. Botting is well beyond what I think any reasonable person would consider ‘out of control’.

Don’t resort to buying gold though, there are plenty of instanced farms that are quite lucrative, maybe try one of those for the time being.

It definitely sucks that your favorite farm spot has been overrun by bots don’t stoop to their level though!

If you roll a druid you will pay little to no gold for your gear. That way you don’t have to roll a mage or buy gold, 200IQ plays. Gear just falls from trees for us.

Obviously yes. And you should advertise the site you buy the gold from with in game mail and on the forums in game and here. I think you could probably get a commission from the gold selling site and prove how right you are that blizzard does absolutely nothing.

3 Likes