Blizzard isn't banning bots. Should I just buy gold?

Blizzard, a multibillion dollar company, is too greedy and cheap to hire enough (read: any) CS to get this bot problem under control and it’s pushed me to the point of either buying gold or quitting entirely.

I say this because the farming spot that I’ve been using for months now has an Alliance bot running circles around it killing all the mobs 24/7. I’ve reported this guy more times than I can count. I’ve had others who farm the place report the guy more times than THEY can count.

Blizzard has done absolutely nothing. What do I have to do to get a cheater banned? Or should I simply be cheating as well?

What I’m saying is, should I just buy gold like everyone else?

EDIT:

Blizzard changed the title of this from “Blizzard isn’t banning bots. Should I just buy gold?”

to

“Should I just buy gold?”

They also moved my other bot post to the Support forum, made a blanket response that totally contradicts the EXPERIENCE I’ve had trying to get this bot banned, then immediately CLOSED THE THREAD.

This company is seriously a joke.

EDIT 2: I changed the title back :slight_smile:

34 Likes

The botting problem isn’t entirely on Blizzard’s shoulders. If people who don’t care for bots go out and buy gold how hypocritical is it of them to criticize Blizzard for not being able to handle the bot problem?

If you hate bots don’t buy gold. Simple as that.

15 Likes

It is ENTIRELY Blizzard fault. The bots are rampant because Blizzard is too cheap to hire REAL CS and will ONLY automate the job so they can continue to pay their CEO 60mil a year.

They have literally no excuse and people like you blaming the community instead of the company are the REASON that they can get away with it.

Stop being so gullible, it hurts all of us.

50 Likes

That may be. But you have no right to criticize them if you buy gold. Period. That’s it. Straight up.

12 Likes

And I do not and have not bought gold. Which is why I have EVERY right to criticize them. They have done me a disservice.

and if I DO end up buying gold it is on them for being so toxic and corrupt.

14 Likes

Good. You’re doing your part then :+1:

Well no. That would be on you. Own up to your own actions.

9 Likes

I don’t want to be doing my part if Blizzard won’t do theirs. I have to pay insanely inflated prices because of gold selling and now I can’t even farm the gold to pay those prices because I’m competing with bots? ABSOLUTE. TRASH.

8 Likes

I agree if people wanna get rid of the bots they got to stop supporting them, start reporting the bots.

I like to camp the bots from time to time

1 Like

What markets are you competing with them on? I have absolutely no issues making gold and affording what I need to raid.

This is the only fun thing about bots is when you get to disrupt them.

2 Likes

Really? Blaming the community because Blizzard can’t be bothered to moderate their game? You do realize that most of the players are only gold buyers BECAUSE the botting is allowed to be so rampant.

Most people weren’t planning to solo dungeons on their mage alt. They were planning to farm/gather resources in the open world. So when that open world is entirely infested with bots what other choice do these people have?

Right 2 choices:

1. roll a mage
  2. buy gold
11 Likes

Well I mean if you’re going to solve a problem like this you do have to be real about why the problem exists.

There are three reasons why bots exist.

1. Players want to level without putting the work in.

2. Players want gold without having to put in the work.

3. Bots are able to exist and farm effectively to make real life profits.

Two of those three are because of the community. Only one of those does Blizzard have any control over.

Feel free to criticize Blizzard if you’re not part of the player issue. I think we can all agree they could do better. But don’t tell us it has nothing to do with the community.

3 Likes

There is ONE reason the bots exist. No matter how much money they make it’s going to be worth the effort because the effort is ~0.

SOME players want gold without putting in the work. If you’re on a mega server and Blizzard is banning exactly NO ONE for selling OR buying then EVERYONE has to buy to keep up.

Blizzard has control over all of it man. They make money off of the bots, that’s why they take so long to ban them.

Blizzard is a CORRUPT and GREEDY company. This is not the Blizzard of old. Please STOP incessantly defending them, it only makes all of this get worse. You have to hold BLIZZARD accountable for anything to get better.

If you keep giving them a “get out of jail free” card they will ride it all the way to the bank and fix nothing.

8 Likes

Chuckataurus is not defending Blizzard. He is providing us with a more holistic perspective of the issue.

Of course, Blizzard is at fault. They have a responsibility to moderate their gamestate, and address issues (such as botting), which degrade the experience. I agree with you - Blizzard is a corrupt and greedy company. Blizzard is accountable for their inaction towards botting. Blizzard has a responsibility to address both the botters and the players who encourage botters by purchasing gold from them.

But the player base is responsible the integrity of their gaming experience as well. This is a community - meaning that we collectively attribute to whatever game state (or meta) is at the forefront of our experience.

Gold farming bots only exist because their is a market for purchasing gold. Meaning that these bots exist because players buy gold from them - both the bots and the players who purchase gold are culpable. The argument to purchase gold because everyone else does is not solving the problem, it only serves to exponentiate it.

Of course, Blizzard needs to address botting. That is a given. But players also need to maintain their sense of integrity, despite such rampant botting, so as not to become part of the greater problem as well.

6 Likes

No. As I said, the community creates the demand, the bots fill that demand and Blizzard is too slow or inefficient at enforcement. It’s pretty black and white, dude. Not a difficult concept.

Well, no. It’s not a conspiracy. Their actions have made it clear they’re trying to do something about bots. There’s really no arguing that. They’re just not doing enough.

Greedy? Yeah. At least Activision is for sure and thus Blizzard by proxy. And I’m not defending them. I’m just being realistic and unbiased. I’ve said several times they could do better. I agree they’re probably trying to cut costs and that has a negative impact on the bot problem. But again, you need to approach the problem from multiple angles if you want the greatest chance of solving it. You can’t just screech out “BLIZZARD IS BAD AND GREEDY AND TEH WURST!!!” That’s not helpful and doesn’t really keep those who could make a difference engaged.

3 Likes

Are you on Blizzards payroll or something? I get that you want to feel justified in paying $15/mo for a video game but that DOES NOT mean that daddy Blizzard can do no wrong.

This is NOT a player issue. This is 100% a Blizzard issue. If buying/selling gold wasn’t basically legal, people wouldn’t be doing it and botting wouldn’t be nearly as big of a problem.

Players are GOING to min/max. It’s not the players fault for playing the game by the rules (botting/RMT being effectively legal now). It’s the COMPANIES FAULT for making bad rules.

If Protoss is OP in SC2 you don’t blame everyone who plays protoss. You don’t blame the people who switch to Protoss because it’s the FOTM. You blame BLIZZARD for making Protoss OP.

The same goes here. Players are going to min/max. RMT is basically legal so it is now a part of the max. Of course people are going to do it. Blizzard is the ONLY force that can stop it. You’re ignorant to believe a community this big can police itself with literally no tools to do so (the report feature doesn’t even do anything).

I can have someone say to me point blank that they buy gold and there isn’t a thing I can do to get them banned… how then is it a community problem? right… it’s not… it’s a greedy company problem.

8 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/y7kvOYLzas6Ag/giphy.gif

K I’m out.

:wave:

4 Likes

Good because you’re as much a part of the problem as the gold buyers are.

Incessantly defending Blizzard only allows them to continue to get away with being corrupt AF.

9 Likes

I’ve reported people who have told me they buy gold, and I know they have for a fact because they’ve spent somewhere between 20-40k on stupid items like Teebu’s and other items from GDKPs. If Blizzard did actually investigate reports these players would have been banned, because it would be very easy to see the gold being sent to them.
What are the only reasonable conclusions when multiple confirmed gold buyers have been reported but not banned after an extended amount of time?
A. Blizzard does not look into reports.
or
B. Blizzard does not ban gold buyers.
There is no other option here.

7 Likes

Bladewise, while I agree with you - primarily that Blizzard has a major responsibility to address this issue - I am going to have to bow out of this discussion, as it has also become clear to me that you are not looking to engage in an open discourse of ideas.

4 Likes