Blizzard has lifted all xfer restrictions from an EU megaserver (Firemaw). Why can't they do the same for NA?

There’s a lot of people waiting for Faerlina/Beny/Grobbulus to be unlocked so they can, either escape their dead server, transfer their alts because they already raid in one of those servers with max level characters, or in my case be able to raid with my friends since I’m coming back to the game.

As stated by Aggrend in here: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/free-character-transfers-3-march/434736/38

Just to point out that there are currently free transfers between Bene and Faerlina.

Yes. There are free transfers between Faerlina and Beny but they opened Firemaw xfers from all servers.

Blizzard did that because they decimated the population of Firemaw and made a bunch of money from faction changes in the EU. This was the entire point of this “free transfer” move that practically no one asked for:
Firemaw is a dead server now. Thank you Blizzard - WoW Classic / Wrath of the Lich King Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums

Now Firemaw has a low enough population for the EU ailiance from other servers to go there and now Blizzard can make money on those paid transfers while their white knights can defend this all as a “community decision” and put no responsibility on Blizzard at all.

That is a win-win-win for Blizzard.

Note other decisions Blizzard has made like allowing PVE to PVP server transfers right before Wrath C with the massive queues when only a tiny amount of foresight would have shown that the servers couldn’t handle it and therefore the idea wasn’t smart.

You should probably be happy though to know that if the populations of Benediction or Faerlina drop enough you should get what you want.

1 Like

That’s cause their Firemaw => Gehennas (like Bene => Faerlina) thing KILLED Firemaw.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.