Blizzard has decided to kill Random BGs

They took Random BGs into a back alley and shot it in the head. The only conquest you can get is from rated PvP now. This change comes a couple of days before launch.

This creates a permanent subclass of player with no light at the end of the tunnel. They deceived you. They hate you. They despise you. They hold you in contempt.

71 Likes

You still need honor to upgrade your gear but yea it’s pretty much shot in the head for anyone that doesn’t do rated.

21 Likes

Well it’s a good thing y’all talked me into raiding.

9 Likes

They are killing off a significant portion of the playerbase. If you don’t want to do rated pvp or pve then you have two options:

1. Quit now.
  2. Quit later.
41 Likes

Where did you see that random BGs no longer award any conquest?

I kind of question Blizzard’s logic here. It’s pretty clear what their mentality is… and it’s that by adding a gear grind to PvP, it will magically become fun again. You know they’re wrong, I know they’re wrong, but they seem to be plowing ahead with it.

I mean, I can see how they might think that… folks have felt PvP has been on the decline for a while now, coinciding with PvP gear grinds has becoming less and less prominent. However, correlation is not causation, and I strongly suspect that Blizzard is barking up the wrong tree here.

I have no doubts that we will see a sharp spike in PvP activity as folks who are both excited to try PvP in a new expansion and to relive those honour grind days rush back to PvP. Then, as tends to happen when the only thing propping up a game is a thin reward based grind, most folks will taper off and move on to other things.

I’ve been wrong before… but in this case, I kinda doubt it. I mean, we’re just repeating history at this point.

11 Likes

So is it true or “confirmed” that random/unrated bgs will no longer give conquest points? Interesting development if true…

Will hurt alts a lot, there’s just not enough time in a week to spam M+ across 15+ characters… it’s just not realistic.

4 Likes

omg the sky is falling!! they are making me do a few rated battles each week to get my vault!!

seriously, you will still get gear from unrated pvp. you still get honor gear. im sure your first random each day will still reward conquest. you are just losing your ability to spam bgs and get 3 vault pics

Lets be real about the change. it is an unwelcome one. but not the end of the world

2 Likes

I logged into beta to verify. Conquest hover tab says it can only be earned in rated pvp. Also, if you open up the pvp queue, conquest is no longer listed as a reward for random bgs. It’s official.

14 Likes

Wrong. And, this is the worst system they have put in place for random BG players. They want scum that only do random BGs gone.

13 Likes

It’s a lot more than a few rated battles now with the recent vault change.

3 Likes

Can you post a screenshot? Not everyone has beta.

Would be interested to see it with my own eyes…

3 Likes

They’re trying to give people a reason to do rated BGs because that entire bracket is dead.

2 Likes

They’re going it about it the wrong way. The bracket is not dead because of gear paths lol. This will do literally nothing to revive RBGs beyond the first few weeks of Season 1 yolos.

12 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s a necessary evil.

3 Likes

It’s dead because there’s no real incentive or rewards to do it and it’s a lot more work trying to get 10 people to show up vs arenas with only 2 or 3 people total. I wanted to do RBGs, but you literally can’t find anyone doing them. Almost every PvP community I joined was completely dead.

This is probably the only thing that might give some life injection.

1 Like

Blizzard smart-thinkers: Wow, this game format is super unpopular. Let’s put a system in place that forces people to do it.

26 Likes

how many exaxtly? not asking to debate just looking to figure out the actual paths that need to be taken

you got a screen shot to prove this? not saying you are wrong but im yet to see this anywhere else as of yet

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/casual-pvpers-get-no-weekly-vault-gear/727737/28?u=hercx-sargeras

Yeah exactly lol there’s no rewards or incentives to do it, plus it really is problematic trying to find groups. Not because finding people is hard but because finding people who stay after 1 loss is hard. As someone else said, you spend more time trying to put groups together than you do actually playing matches.

I am lucky in that I am part of a heavy RBG guild so I’ll be playing RBGs often but a lot of people don’t have that opportunity.

3 Likes

I believe I did call this… One of the few times I am not happy to be right.

“You get vendors though! You pvpers are never happy.”

Too bad we didn’t actually get PvP vendors.

20 Likes