Blizzard, give us official rules and guidelines for AV

They give rules out for this but cant give rules out for M+? lol This is too good

1 Like

Wrong forum , go to GD Wrath classic

This is likely the one they mean. It has all the blue quotes in it from other non-participation suspensions in the past.

Not really. The rules are the same for Retail and Classic. It is fine to discussion the general policy in either place, or both.

The only thing different this time is that they started with 30 days, not 7 or 14. They also seem to have done a large group instead of the usual handful we see on the CS forum.

It seems people were unaware that the EULA and the policies do not allow intentional non participation or that reporting for it is a thing. These are the report options.

Gameplay Sabotage

• AFK/Non-Participation
  • Intentionally Feeding
  • Blocking Team Progress

Blizz does not take one report alone. It has to be multiple games and the logs have to back that the person did not do damage/healing over those multiple games.

The intent, I think, is to stop people doing easy honor farming without working with the team.

3 Likes

Oh, yes, I am also seeing this blue post and I feel that is simply unfair. Defending is just as important. One should not be banned for not rushing with the rest of the group. I have seen so much fall when not defended.

2 Likes

What? banned by playing AV for those? Honestly ,they should find a way to do those side quests easier to do and include the Bg. This really a problem.

They are talking about my thread here:

6 Likes

Let’s use Google’s former code of conduct: “Don’t be evil.”

You know if you’re going AFK on a corner of the map. Don’t be that guy.

1 Like

The smell of this statement, does not smell like flowers. Imagine a appeal system that auto denies because… reasons…

Sighs Guess Ill no longer play Alterac Valley anymore then. Way to go Blizzard on once again, catering to the cry babies

Let me clarify before I get blasted, Alterac Valley has quest, secondary objectives, fishing ponds, the works, all of which that can be done inside the BG, but try to make this make sense.

Time hits zero its a bum rush to the boss, hit whatever towers on the way, then you wait for 15 minutes until the towers fall, thats 15 minutes of sitting around doing jack**** all the while Marty the Fisherman is just outside the base, catching some fish for his raid tonight, hes the one not participating?! Meanwhile the ones who died on the way to the boss have to restart at the BEGINNING OF THE BG because none of the GYs are flipped yet. So their forced to go on Defense unless they take that walk back to the boss which may never happen cuz they are met with a bum rush of the opposite faction.

But Marty the Fisherman gets banned. While hes waiting for the towers to fall…

Make it make sense, honestly.

3 Likes

Ah… yes. I saw CC and read CS. Both are good reads. Yours was very polite and professional. Well thought out and a great approach to discussing the policies.

I am still having issues with the whole “30 days” for a first offense on clean accounts thing. That seems so long…

8 Likes

I still have a macro explaining the reverse of your strat here.

Yeah, we used to do the same thing.

1 Like

Blizzard trolling I think.

Yeah,like catering to a person on the other faction because he was a known streamer and rich to boot ,then reporting it which whined up nothing being done but oh hell yeah me being kicked for doing what was supposed to be done, fighting on AV bg.

I am seeing some reports (forums so take that was grains of salt) that some of the Suspensions are being reversed. So it is possible this was not intentional? Or maybe they meant to be shorter?

Hopefully they do post something about it and clear up the confusion. Even if it is a policy clarification and warning for future action.

2 Likes

I really hope so, but then again i think someone is trolling

I really don’t know. They have had ban waves before where there were false positives, or where they decided the penalty was too harsh and revised it.

Blizz is not perfect, but at least they do revisit things and allow appeals. Too many other companies don’t

This whole thing seems like a lot of people are confused. Not like the mage tower where they knew they got carries/account sharing.

1 Like

It was 7-days in the past from what i can see. and now 30-days?

Yeah, 7 to 14 seems to the past average. I know that when those things don’t work, they do extend it, but 30 for clean accounts with no prior infractions seems like a long time. Esp if it makes them miss Wrath start for something others got 7 days for.

If nothing else, I hope they reduce it and use it as education on policy.

2 Likes

I afk in AV and have since Vanilla and I’ve never been banned. You mean kicked?

1 Like

The AV banwave smells fishy to me. There have been posts of screenshots proving that some of these players aren’t just sitting around, showing decent damage/healing in the leaderboard and yet they get banned allegedly for doing objectives instead of mindlessly rolling with the zerg.

This doesn’t make sense. Normally I would say something like this is a case of a bunch of people trying to level through BGs AFK getting caught by the system but this doesn’t feel like that. The most likely causes in my mind are screwed up heuristics on Blizzard’s side that’s banning like a loose cannon, or there’s coordinated mass report campaigns being conducted by some party. I saw someone suggest that maybe honor bots now have a feature that mass-reports anybody mentioning bots in chat (e.g. “bots at X coords, please report”), which doesn’t seem beyond the realm of imagination.

WoW, or someone involved in it, is committing Hara Kiri, so to speak. Banning people for doing available objectives, or just because the group is full of spiteful people, IN CASUAL BG’S, is a very very very bad policy.

Having people in an RBG straying from the group doing their own thing is definitely worthy of being kicked(but not banned). But in casual bg’s? While doing objectives? WTF are you thinking?

4 Likes